Reviews for Letters
PalindromeIsntOne chapter 7 . 7/23/2012
I care, you know that I do and I hope you can stay strong and find your peace in life. Be who you want to be as life is now - the only person you know for certain you can please is yourself and if you want to put yourself first you can do so in life, right now. You can choose to be on your own side. Choose to ignore the negative voices. You can always reach out for help. Your past experience does not dictate your future or your present. Honour yourself and your happiness and leave your hurt in the past as a kindness to yourself (you have not lost by letting go, you win by making a choice and taking control, you don't need to let that hurt affect you because of others) so that you may move forward into the future. I continue to believe in you and that you are worth it.

And I will stay, and review your stories, and support you :)
xxLucyHeartlessxx chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
Hey I would like to talk to you would you like to talk more about it? You can PM me if you want! Stay strong!
You're.Not.Alone chapter 6 . 6/15/2012
You are never alone. There are people that look for you in a crowd, that will search for you for no particular reason but to see if what you were just doing went ok. There are people that care about you and never want to see you hurt or hurting and whilst reading these I think that it's those people that need to read these. You are so loved, the live that people have for you is in abundance. All through these chapters I've felt like you were talking to me and I want to help you, I want to help you but I also want you to know that you're not alone and you never will be alone. Jess xx
Lele-the-Greek-Geek chapter 6 . 6/7/2012
It is really odd how i came to this story after i had a small break down.

To be honest... it felt like I wrote this. I want to tell you that I do care.

I am willing to listen and talk. Trusting someone you don't know is comical in my opinion... but sometimes it is those we do not know who help the most.

I'll listen if you want.

I'll talk if you want.

lele
TheSpark chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
I just have to tell you that I'm praying for you. I don't think I've ever prayed this hard for anyone. I know God is thinking about you too- he knows just how great you are. It kills me to not be able to do more for you on my own. At first, I thought that writing this was a waste of time, but now I see that it could change your life. Please, tell someone! It will change your life for the better. I'm begging you! *Spark gets on her knees* I want you to get better. You deserve to be happy! -TheSpark
TheSpark chapter 6 . 6/7/2012
Hi! I saw this and just had to say something. First off, I know how hard this is for you, trust me. Please! There are so many things to do and people to meet. Life is short enough as it is! Savor the time you have. It's hard for me to write this (I'm kinda shy), but I know it's harder for you to think like this. Don't give up hope! You are valued, your life has worth and potential. I know it feels like no one cares, or it would hurt them if they knew. You know what? I think it hurts most for them when they know that they could have done something. Or that they could have helped you. I now am feeling like this as I just heard the song Give Me Your Eyes by Brandon Heath. I think I need to start helping more people- one person at a time. I beg you, please tell someone you trust about your thoughts. Don't be shy- it's not worth it in the end (I'm learning that myself). A few years from now, you'll look back and be glad you did. I'll still be reading your notes, so if you've got any questions, please ask! *Spark looks back and sees how long this is* Sorry for the length! :) -TheSpark
Love chapter 6 . 6/7/2012
I just wanted to add something.

Though life is hard, it's also beautiful. And you're much stronger than you give yourself credit for. It takes a lot of strength and courage to stay alive when you feel like dying and can't find a reason to live. There is a reason you are alive, even if you don't know what it is. Your life counts, even when you feel like you're the worst person in the world or feel like you're worthless. You are a good person full of worth.
Love chapter 6 . 6/7/2012
I love music, too. It is so important to me that I would rather give up my sight than lose my music. I do a bit of songwriting, so I even would go so far as to base my future on it. I remember one time when I was so weak that I couldn't play my piano. I was devestated: so terrified and so confused that I couldn't stop crying. It felt as though I'd woken up blind and mute, like I'd lost a piece of myself.

Have you ever tried writing music? In one of your letters, the fourth one, you wrote differently, like a free-verse poem. You do have a way with words, so you might be good with lyrics. I know songwriting has helped me, though I don't know whether or not you will feel the same way I do about it.

I don't have any eating disorders, but I have had a very small taste of it when I get really sick. In my head, I know I should eat a full healthy meal so my body has the strength to heal, but I feel so sick that I don't do it and that I'll probably just throw it all up anyways.

And you're right: when you're ill, you can't help it. Your body does things that your concious mind can't control. If you have a weak immune system, that's not your fault. If you're under a lot of stress (which you seem to be), that also can weaken your body and is unfortunately out of your control.

I also have passions (music and psychology) but I also have problems too, in every area of my life. There are things that I can't control. And sometimes I feel alone. I think that many people feel alone at some point in their life, and that nobody understands them. You're not alone in feeling that.

From what I've read, you're not selfish. You're just human. You care about others around you, but you are hurting and confused and maybe scared. You have your flaws and mistakes, but so does everyone else. No one is perfect, so please don't expect perfection of yourself.

And yes, we all have problems, but we all have different degrees of problems and different ways of handling them. It's much more complicated than "Just get over it". Positive thinking doesn't fix everything and healing takes time. Rushing the healing process doesn't help anyone, so it's okay to take your time.

I think that it's better to try too hard than to not try at all.

Once again, I'm praying for you: praying that you'll find hope and happiness, that you'll discover a passion more than you've ever experienced before, and that you'll have the courage, strength, and patience to live and that you will gain some control in your life and feel empowered. Keep alive and keep trying. Please don't give up. I hope that my response to your letters helps you and doesn't make you feel worse about yourself. I'm not trying to tell you what to do. I just wanted you to know that:

You are not alone. You are loved. I love you and care about what happens to you, even if we've never met.

God bless you,

From, me
PalindromeIsntOne chapter 6 . 6/7/2012
Yeah, I like music a lot. I like a whole range of stuff but have very limited knowledge of songs that everyone else seems to know and I get criticised for that. You're not selfish, you don't only care about yourself and it wouldn't be a crime if you did. You may just be lost in yourself, and that can happen to anyone.
Love chapter 5 . 6/7/2012
On some levels, I can relate to how you feel. I know how it feels to both love and hate something. I've suffered from self-abuse myself, not cutting, but pulling my own hair out because of the stress I was under. Once I started, I couldn't seem to stop. I knew it was bad for me, that it hurt me and those I love most, but I still couldn't stop from doing it because it was such an interesting sensation. It wasn't until six years later, when the source of my stress was forced out of my home, that I finally stopped.

I also have a love-hate relationship with my past, which is painful to remember but I refuse to forget it because it has shaped me to who I am now. I wish it didn't happen, but I'm glad it did.

You're not a lunatic. You're not crazy. I believe that talking to the problem is a healthy way to express your emotions and I do that myself.

I don't know you. I don't know what your story is. But I do love you and care about you. So please live. I know how hard it is to break out of self-abuse and how people react to self-abuse. I know how it feels to be judged. I know that life is hard, so that's why I pray that you will be given strength.

You've mentioned church in your letters. I don't know how you feel about God, but I believe that prayer does work. So I also pray that you will have joy, hope and peace, even in hard times, and I pray that you will heal.

You are not alone. Even when you feel alone, you are not alone.

You are loved.

I hope this helps you somehow.
PalindromeIsntOne chapter 5 . 6/7/2012
You're not crazy. You're not alone. A lot of people can relate. You're being really honest and that's really something. Everyone wants to be or feel in control of their lives. Pain is an escape, it's true but keep looking for others. In writing this or drawing or reading or excercise, maybe. Maybe you already have and found that's not enough. Okay. You're not alone. Keep trying. You'll get there.
PalindromeIsntOne chapter 3 . 6/7/2012
It's really awesome that you have supportive friends, and you have to give yourself credit for how hard you've tried and are trying. I know what it's like to not want to make people upset by telling them the truth, the fear of burdening them. But you will reward them with every time you try because they are there, and the fact that you trust them enough to be honest.
EmoKiss chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
I hope this isn't real, I'm sorry if that sounds rude. I know how it feels to suffer through all of what's going on, and you should know that there's always someone out there for you. If you ever need to talk, I'll listen. Just PM me if you need to talk.
PalindromeIsntOne chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
Being fictionpress I can never tell if something is fiction. But if this is real then... I care. It's hard, and I'm not denying it. But you don't have to suffer alone and in silence. You won't be burdening someone who genuinely wants to help you, and there who would want to or maybe those who already do. You can reach out. You just have. If you want to, if you choose to. And it is hard, so hard and people may not always understand but that doesn't mean they can't help. If you want to talk, I'll listen.