Reviews for lady gaga's voice as a paperweight & antisymbolic
roleplaying chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Kind of hard to understand, but I like it.
the-lovely-anomaly chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
"the flop
of another female
making it as a male."

My favorite part, although I love the entire thing. Riveting poem, as always.

Next you should write one about a popular book series, like Twilight (ugh!) or The Hunger Games, or even Harry Potter, though that one's kind of out of the spotlight now. (You don't have to of course, but I'd love it if you did. XD)
electrical moon chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
The way you play with words and how you arrange them is just amazing.
Cecelia Hawk chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
I like this piece. It has a mocking tone towards the personas almost as if the persona is in a self reflection stage, due to the words 'ooh lala' which would suggest a mocking of romance. The first stanza seems to convey a sense of confusion as you write 'I make do with flashlights' which could be because the persona is still trying to figure out herself and so does not have enough to go by so she is stumbling in partial darkness. The enjambement adds to the confusion as it makes the reader read the poem faster to imitate the blur in which the days could have gone by as a result of the persona's confusion.

I also the phrase 'sex is as forlorn as the utopian sky' which is powerful due to the phrase 'utopian sky' which suggest immense beauty and so immense pleasure from looking at it, however this celebration is undermined by the horrific imagery of being 'bloated by the gloat of once again stumbling on top' because it suggests fragility in her pride and assertion. She wants to prove that she is not a submissive female but perhaps only because of the fact she feels she must do so, not because she wants to.

The last stanza leads the reader to think about ascribed gender roles because although this is about sex, it doesn't necessarily say so in the last sentence, which probably conveys the message that to ascribe to social expectations is 'forlorn'.

I cannot give any criticism as of yet.
lookingwest chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
From the Review Game's Review Marathon, link in my profile

Was browsing the Just ins and saw this-I haven't read anything from you in ages! Glad to see you're still around FP and you're still writing.

I like how you made this poem not only about the concept of Lady Gaga as a person, but her as a culture too, especially with the line "next generation-infestation", that whole part spoke volumes about our own current youth cultures, etc, and I thought you did a good job portraying it. I liked the incorporation of the song itself because I thought that added a nice creative edge to it, that actually, I wasn't expecting when I clicked on the poem to read. Loved the last stanza, I think that one might be my favorite, because it's quite clever and the enjambment work perfectly.