Reviews for How to write a cliche
Tober chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
Whatever this is, it's working for me.
Andelon chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
I have to say I think it's funny how I came across your essay because I'm taking notes on the basic outlines of popular novels and movies. This basically sums it up. But, I would have to say that sometimes cliches sell better because that's what's in style. I hate cliche story lines, but that's what I've observed. Anyways, your essay sums up the story lines of YA novels pretty well. I think it's sad, but unfortunately true.
lookingwest chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
From the Review Game's Review Marathon (link in my profile)

As an essay I think this worked really well and I liked that because you go back to your main point a lot and give examples, which is good and hits home the message. I also liked that you talked about the idea of cliches, and the post-modern idea that nothing is new and everything is rehashed, which I believe as well. Interesting that you think Meyer didn't do her research though! I would argue she was trying to be original by doing the sparkles and all of her tweaks to the vampire-who wants to read the same old Dracula over and over again? Not I! That being said, I think you picked good examples to take under the cliche-microscope too, especially because both are so integrated into our pop culture!