Reviews for Ritual Girl
Guest chapter 63 . 1/3
This makes me think of the Rope Shrine Maiden from a video game I forget the name of.
RookieFangirl chapter 17 . 12/13/2013
Loving this story. It's so clever, and the concept is amazing. How did u come up with this?
Guest chapter 55 . 11/1/2013
Perfect
StillWatersAreDeep chapter 26 . 9/21/2013
I love that the story developed into a world of its own and doesn't remind me much about the two books I mentioned in my previous review anymore. :) I also like the word "Theorists". It's a nice wordplay from "terrorist".
StillWatersAreDeep chapter 11 . 9/21/2013
I like that Paige only was their second choice for Ritual Girl.
StillWatersAreDeep chapter 5 . 9/21/2013
So far, this story reminds me of a mix between elemnts of Suzanne Collins' "The Hunger Games" and of Lauren Olivers' "Delirium" triologie. I'm interested to see how this story will develope its own elements... :)
StillWatersAreDeep chapter 4 . 9/20/2013
Just to let you know, yuo got the time span wrong. Paige has 40 more years until she was 56, not 30.

("Paige had *thirty* more years to spend with her cohort, she realized as she stood up alongside the other P-named Age-17s. *Thirty* more years with Pepper and Paret and Potts and Orsa and Olan and Virginia and Ingrid and Yuko.")
Veromorphia chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
Sounds beautiful so far. I will try to be sober and/or alive for the rest of my reviews.
musictaco chapter 53 . 7/31/2013
The thing that gets me the most is how most of these girls waiting for their Role Assignments are probably wanting to be Ritual Girl (well... maybe not Ingrid eh? Defy the system!) because they're dying for the cause. It's a matter of the society, not a matter of the individual, and after thinking about it for a while, that's a fundamental point of communist societies. Very nice, very subtly played out. I like it. As one from a capitalist, individualist society, the point I just mentioned took forever to wrap my head around because most automatically think, "Self preservation. Um... I'll pass. NEXT!" not, "I'll give my life up for an old purpose. Pick me, pick me!" And because the community thinks in matters of the group, they treat the Ritual Girls highly. If I was in their shoes, I'd want people to shut up because I was going to be burned to death in a few months. Their praise would keep reminding me of my impending death. I'm just ranting... But excellent story. It's tricky how (I'm going on a hunch here) most of the readers can't relate to Paige but we sympathize for her so strongly. I've imagined myself in her shoes, and because of both that and simply reading here, I had a dream one night that I was the next Ritual Girl. The dream lasted to the part where I was well settled in the Council Building. I suppose I was two years after Paige because I was having a boy and a girl. Excellent work! This made me think and dream! High five to you!
ChuckyDoll chapter 54 . 7/12/2013
I can't tell whether or not I think chapter 52 is a bit contrived.
I liked the Statutes of Equality as an ending though. It makes it all the more creepy.
thestoryreader chapter 54 . 7/12/2013
wow, it's been quite a journey. I love how the last few chapters have developed, and how Paige eventually found nothing. the ambiguous ending is great. :)
Mystic Night chapter 51 . 7/11/2013
Hi Ellie sorry I haven't reviewed in a while but I've been really busy with coursework and the likes. The story is coming on great and as always I can't wait for the next chapter is there a set number of them and do you know when your likely to have finished it by ? Take care all the best MN
ChuckyDoll chapter 4 . 7/5/2013
"Paige had thirty more years to spend with her cohort"

You mean forty more years.
ChuckyDoll chapter 2 . 7/5/2013
"Agatha didn't scream through the burning. She was stronger than most of the ones Paige had seen before; she didn't even squirm as the flames licked her feet and started searing her hair."

Is this due to the Pills, for some reason? I went back to reread this.
Guest chapter 48 . 7/3/2013
*screams* update soon! I love this story, can't wait for the next chapter. :)
131 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »