Reviews for The Siren
GoldenMockingjay chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
Brilliant imagery! Greek mythology is really interesting:)
dokidokipanic chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
man you really fleshed out the siren charecter from mythology really well in this poem! i like it and if i had the ability to cry im sure this one would make the faucets run full steam!
JellicleJuggalo chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Beautiful imagery, I really like the feeling of this poem. It's got a distinctly folky feel, but it's a very Scottish kind of folk, not the cheesy American kind. XD Really interesting though, something about it screams Scotland, even though it's subject is Greek. It's got a great flow too, almost begs to be sung. Actually, when I first read it, I tried. I ended up singing "Town With No Cheer" with different lyrics. -_- Returning to the topic, in short, a pleasantly Scottish take on Greek mythology that would make a great song. Cheers!
Erysimum chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
Ahh I love Greek myths too! You really got the vibe right here :) and the rhythm throughout is great, esp. the first stanza. I think there were some little typos- 'she knows not he/will not return', should it be 'she knows that he'? and 'passages of dawn' maybe should be just 'passage'. all in all loved the story in the poem, kind of mysterious, and the rhyme scheme fits well with the traditional sort of theme :)
Letters97 chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
very very good. the rhythm, and rhyme scheme was well done. it flowed and the words were just perfect. so apt. 'so damn bittersweet' had to have been my favourite line:D