Reviews for Burst
LM4E chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Very inspirational!
recycledpaper chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Great writing. You really have talent. I like how you push yourself to focus in and out in your poems, especially in this one. There is a universality to what you're doing which is really great (never look back, doubt, flirt, learn new things, wanting to be something else, etc.). I'm going to bestow the ultimate compliment and tell you that I thought of my favorite poet when I was reading this. Not because of the form or what you were saying it, but because of how you were saying it.
pulamea chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
Great poem. Never keep examining your feelings. It's a rare gift. It's a favorite !
AnonymousLily chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
I love the willfull joyousness of this poem- the images were a celebration- over the top- and gorgeous. Lines like "the sun will wear black sunglasses and speak like a blues singer" really hooked me! I related to the determination to overcome personal doubt but couldn't have come with lines like "I want to set the clouds on fire and dance among the debris." This is one puppy going into favorites!
Love A Mysterious Thing chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
OMG! How do your poems seem to keep falling more and more in love with them? I freaking love how you personified all your emotions and EVERYTHING! It was amazing! Gah I don't even know what else to say! Definitely going into one of my favorites. Keep it up!
Elizabeth Alan chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
This really is beautiful, I don't know how else to say it.
Daliah Valley chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
My sentiments exactly.
Nanumi chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
Lovely, but it's "bare feet" not "bear feet"...unless you are, in fact, a bear, and that misspelling was intentional? I enjoyed this.