Reviews for My Boyfriend Makes Me Feel Inadequate
Daneeno chapter 3 . 8/30/2012
I really like this story. _ That little author's note about literary detectives made my day.
heyitsstupidme chapter 10 . 8/28/2012
This story is really good and well written. I like the writing-style and that I can read more than the feelings of just one person. I also like the poem in this and the last chapter. I'll just read your other stories now :)
PalindromeIsntOne chapter 10 . 8/23/2012
Ah, a little slow on the reviewing again. I don't feel sharp. I love that poem you put at the end.

The scenes with Craig, first with Tyler and then with Kieran were so effective. Oh, I really felt Tyler's pain there, and Craig's.

I have mixed reactions to that therapy scene. Nicely written, well shown with Tyler's responses. I'm glad it has helped him.

I find I can't really think that badly of Neil, though he does pull on some strings when our sympathies are with Tyler. He's just a good player. Kieran just doesn't quite realise the gravity of his compliment there for us readers emotion wise. Oh, feelings!

I just scrolled back up for a second and accidentally read 'stubborn road' instead of 'suburban road'. I read it correctly on the first read through. Ah, I like it when I get interesting accidental skim-reads like that. It's amusing.

Looks like we're just left with some reconcilliation and tying off. *holds breath in anticipation*
Chibikodo chapter 10 . 8/20/2012
And how is Kieran going to reach out to Tyler without really knowing what is going on? I'm glad Tyler's friend Craig has noticed something is wrong, even if he can't name it. Better than being oblivious.
PenguinHearts chapter 10 . 8/20/2012
Really, really good chapter! Keep writing! :DDD
seventhswan chapter 10 . 8/20/2012
oh good! Craig and Kieran working together! I really like that idea.

But also, I like the idea of Tyler realizing that he has to help himself. That he has to open up and allow people like Craig and Kieran (and Kieran? Hmm. I actually...I mean, maybe Tyler just needs friends right now? And idk if Kieran could handle that. But he loves him, so maybe he could...) in and that not everyone is out to get him.

I love love loved the psychologist scene. That was just so perfect and great. It helped me understand Tyler's depression even more. guh.

Okay, as usual, I can't wait for more! :)
seventhswan chapter 9 . 8/20/2012
oh my god. When Kieran was talking about whether or not he'd ever admit to having loved Tyler, that just. I just. I can't even, man. I know that feeling where it's like, you're so in love with someone in the moment, and then the farther you get from it, you start to wonder how real it was, and how that's sort of the most honest and dishonest you've ever been. anyway. whatever. You captured that really well.

Also, I'm so glad that Tyler is hopefully going to see a therapist. I just want him to get on the road to feeling better. At this point, I care about him more than the romance element. Whether he ends up with Kieran, Craig, or alone, it doesn't matter. I just want him to be more healthy. :(((
seventhswan chapter 8 . 8/20/2012
((bawls)) Oh Tyler, honey.

Okay, first off: I apologize for being MIA for so long. ugh. Anyway, I'm back now and excited to get caught up on a bunch of lovely stories. yay!

As for this chapter: guh, right in the feels. I mean it was beautiful, right? You write gorgeously, which is probably why it hurt so hard. ((sigh)) I think the detachment Tyler is feeling is really realistic. His sort of preoccupation with strange details, too. I mean, even the poetic stuff. I know when I've been really upset (although, I don't have depression, so of course, it's different) I often get caught up in small things and feel really deeply about things I wouldn't normally notice (the color of a shirt, the strength of the people around you). So anyway, this was really an awesome chapter.

BUT WHAT, OMIGOD, ONLY 11 chapters?! ((cries)) okay. Okay, I can do this. ((deep breath)) I'M JUST SO WORRIED ABOUT THE BOYS, OH MAN.
Honunjama chapter 10 . 8/20/2012
Oh I really really liked Tyler's conversation with his therapist! Very true! And I think you're showing his general paranoia very well. Great chapter.

How did I not know it was Housman who wrote that poem?...*shakes head* I feel so ignorant:P

Sukix
GreenGrass1 chapter 10 . 8/20/2012
Kieran and Craig working together to help Tyler! That's what friends are for. I like how you once again use the setting to help illustrate the mood. Very nice.
Skyless11 chapter 10 . 8/19/2012
Wow o.o that was fast! You've been busy this week I see xD three different chapters (Body, Ashes and Boyfriends).
And hahaha xD I've been checking Housman a lot and this poem I really liked xD Shared it with friends and all that xD Nice to know you like it too :D
So... this chapter, I LOVED. the story advances! WOoT! but again, you ended the chapter in the most annoying point for a reader xD you got our excitement build and then, out of nowhere you cut it QQ now I'll have another angsty week thinking about it and waiting for the next chapter QQ
But yes, wonderful chapter. And if I'd be a girl I'd squeal at Kieran's actions... but I'm not and my bass-baritone voice squealing would be hurtful to the ear so I won't xD
So please post the next chapter soon xD
Aletiah chapter 10 . 8/19/2012
I hope Tyler listen to his therapist and stop holding everything in.
Kieran doesn't give up in finding him! That's good! I hope Craig can help him so he can reach Tyler and talk to him.
Aletiah chapter 9 . 8/19/2012
Tyler, why didn't you pick up the phone? Then everything had been fine! Or maybe not... but I hope it will be. Soon.
Good thing they find out he's depressed before it got worse. I hope the therapist will be able to help him, but I think he needs Kieran more than a therapist.
PenguinHearts chapter 9 . 8/15/2012
"Perhaps you would be interested to know that I picture this story in washy watercolours..." Yea, so did I, actually!

Great chapter! I wonder what Kieran is doing... hmm...

Plus, I like the little poem you put on here; I liked it!
Keep writing! :DDD
auel chapter 9 . 8/14/2012
HELLO FELLOW VANCOUVERITE

I heard pride was awesome, but it was too frickin hot that day. My friends said it was pretty fun and it was an eye candy galore! Did you go to any other pride events?
113 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »