Reviews for Looking for Neverland
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
I like the descriptions here. I can see the person in their car smelling wet pavement. It's a universal experience and smell that I think everyone can relate to. I also liked the ending. Again I could see that happening.

Two things though. The phrasing with "reminded of the times" I dunno it seemed awkward and the piece seemed like a runon sentence. I would maybe make it a new sentence and say "I'm reminded..."

The other thing is you say "sped through towns." Is the implication here that you were teenagers driving and now you're an adult? Or were you on bikes speeding? Or is it a metaphorical speeding? It kinda confused me about the age of the narrator and how far in the past this was. I might try to clear that up a bit.

Last time I bother you (this weekend anyway) about the Review Marathon (link in my profile!)
angels know the rest chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
This is lovely, it reminds me of similar occasions, and I'm sure everyone can relate to it. There's happiness in the nostalgia, but sadness too.
Natari Mirumura chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
Amazing poem. If more thought is thought into it, it'd make an amazing story. Amazing, keep it up :D
bookppl93 chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Ironic cause I was watching Peter pan yestery O.o
Punslinger chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
A cozy little nostalgia trip, and reminder of something I learned long ago: Childhood is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
AnonymousLily chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
Liked the Peter Pan nod in the title. "no reason AT all?" I loved the nostalgia here- scent of wet pavement sounds great and is a wonderful image as well! It's odd- this seems like a simple poem to read- and yet it's simple because you did all the work for the reader. Read aloud, it flows, and each image is clean and clear. Lovely!
lamourlibre chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
I enjoyed it. Very short, but enough to stir up the senses. I like the bit about the scent of wet pavement. That smell is always very familiar to me for some reason. I like the sound of "rinky-dink towns" at well.