Reviews for Dragonpeople of Khairis
Solomon Sia chapter 35 . 5/10/2013
Haha, I like how the atmosphere diffused, and Lia's feelings of frustration at being played with, because it mixes so well with relief and a little awkwardness. Thank goodness the elf didn't have bad intentions, Lia might have gotten into a little trouble.

There hasn't been real trouble since Eric Dagov, though, and possibly the spiders.

Good line: "when Lia reached the part concerning her capture, she smiled and nodded as if she had expected nothing else to happen." knowing vs non-knowing.

I'm even more curious as to why Naisi was angry. Somehow I doubt that anger is directed particularly at Lia, most likely it is directed at her circumstance.
Solomon Sia chapter 34 . 5/10/2013
Wow the firefly concept is pretty curious.
And the elf, I bet we have met him before!

I can't help but wonder why the firefly is angry.
Solomon Sia chapter 33 . 5/9/2013
Did not expect the broad smile! It's actually a rare display of unreserved affection in this story, bar the dragons.

Oops enough reviews for today, but as a closing note, I realise that I would not change a thing about this story.
Solomon Sia chapter 32 . 5/9/2013
Distinctive character building: "Knowing from experience with Mac that it was wise to let an angry person simmer down, Lia refrained from talking for several minutes. Instead, she and Jesse sat side by side in silence. Rusalka and Calaurin kept perfectly still; not even the tips of their tails moved."

Argh, the letters bled me dry! So good. And the birthday present, ARGH!

Once again, I feel the differentiation of roles in the sexes.

favorite line: "Lia suddenly wanted to rest her head on his shoulder. ...No. I mustn't. As much as I may want to, I mustn't."

Looking forward expectantly to the festival.
Solomon Sia chapter 31 . 5/9/2013
I glad much of the tension of her kidnapping is resolved! Sort of, I was hoping for greater confrontation, but I guess that can't be helped considering Lia's sweeter and reserved nature.

I really appreciate the simple hooks at the end of every chapter.

What do the dragons do for the story? Ah! I feel like I almost know.

Favorite line: "Elaine...what can I do here? I can't do any of my duties as a dragonwoman until I turn eighteen - until then, what are Rusalka and I supposed to do with our time?"
Solomon Sia chapter 30 . 5/9/2013
Favorite line: "Rusalka nudged Lia's arm, cheeping like a baby bird."
Why are dragons too cute?

Once again, something simple, distinctive about this piece that you have here. Essentially two things happened here:
They had a meal.
They had a bath.

But both so well described that they are episodic in themselves, without the need for deeper meaning within the story. While most tales rush to the climax, yours lives in the daily moments.

Of course, I can't wait to read more about the obvious tension between Jesse and Lia. It's so bittersweet because Lia has obviously been kidnapped against her will, but apparently in such beautiful and luxurious surroundings, with a sister she wanted to see... and these dragonmen, of course. I love her restraint.

Bug fix: his face was a healthier colour *than* it had been
suicidal.blackrose chapter 43 . 5/4/2013
I absolutely adore your story and can not wait for the next installment! :)
Mercenary Lord chapter 43 . 4/17/2013
I read through this over the course of a few days. Interesting, at the vey least. I'm hyper-picky when it comes to literature, and so there we several times when it wasn't holding my interest, but overall, it's a solid story.

I think one of the things I noticed is that, and this is just from my point of view, it feels very episodic. I mean...sort of like each problem is resolved fairly quickly, and I didn't really find any overarching conflicts to be resolved. I'd have to read it again to make sure.

All the same, your writing is clean and stable, and I appreciate that. Thanks for the read.
Ashmir chapter 43 . 4/16/2013
haha, i sympathize with her on having to put on the dresses...
ohhhh... who's Ervan?
cliffhanger... oh no...
can't wait to see whats next!
have i mentioned that i absolutely love this story?!
Solomon Sia chapter 29 . 4/9/2013
Expansion! Interesting that you chose NOW as the time to describe the dragon knights, considering that it seems they will not have a strong impact on the story for quite a while. I like how the focus is still very much on the women in the story.
Solomon Sia chapter 28 . 4/9/2013
I notice a trend in cliffhangers! Occasionally you end your chapters with this pattern:
Lia, what do you know about the dragon knights?

Like the description of the dragonflight as well as the contradictory emotions that went with it. She's against her forced capture but at the same time is probably attracted to Alvas and the thought of flying is pretty good but at the same time she retched upon landing. that's highly interesting.

Ah she has met all the dragonmen already? That's sad there are no elder dragonmen to balance the relative immaturity of the young boys, but it makes Alvas, Oren and Jesse more interesting.

Once again, deep love of your descriptions of colour and form of the dragons. I can see you're a very visual person with a talent for showcasing beauty. Do you have an artistic streak by any chance?
Ashmir chapter 42 . 3/18/2013
update :)
yaaaayyy!
wow, didn't expect that they're gonna be bonded :D
i like Penryn :)
can't wait to see whats next
Nightshadowv chapter 41 . 3/17/2013
Interesting I can't wait to see where this goes.
Rainali chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
I just started this story and I can't wait to continue! I love how you are able to introduce so many characters and be able to express their personality. The unique title is what made me click on the story I absolutely love this story so far and I cannot wait to see what happens next!

-Rai-Rai
Guest chapter 39 . 2/10/2013
usually i have nothing but praise, ... oh wait, i do have nothing but praise. :]
95 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »