Reviews for Dragonpeople of Khairis
Solomon Sia chapter 19 . 11/10/2012
I really enjoyed the emotionality in the chapter. And you took your time to bring it out, so the play was very nice. In many ways, I was able to relate to Lia's fear, and caution, maybe even shyness at the approach of the armed elves. It's not an easy feeling to capture, and I felt you did it very well. You contrasted the natural caution she would feel in a foreign environment with the safety of the place and the father's gratitude, and a less skilled author might have found that overwhelming, but nothing was forced in your writing and it was all very well done.

I like the elves. The aura they exude just feels perfect and is a natural foil to Lia's shy courage (not an oxymoron here). They are distant, powerful and garner respect just by their appearance, yet at the same time they are gentle and full of 'human' emotion. I do hope Irsavon will come back.

"Because...because it wouldn't be in their interests to lie to me any more than it would be in mine to lie to them."
I found this line interesting in the story, because I felt that this chapter was very powerfully moved by emotionality rather than reason. Here Lia is obviously trying to rationalise her actions, but in truth they were motivated more by emotion than anything.
Ill Take The Sword chapter 33 . 11/4/2012
YOU'RE ALIVE! :D

And you bring gifts!

The elves remind me of Ewoks, living in the trees, or maybe I'm still on my "finally got around to seeing Star Wars for the first time" high and I'm relating everything to Star Wars.

But no more scaring me like that, alright? It may take a while to write a chapter, but after nearly a month I start worrying.
Hell Schmetterling chapter 32 . 10/9/2012
This is really good. I love the dragons :)
Ill Take The Sword chapter 32 . 10/8/2012
"Lia suddenly wanted to rest her head on his shoulder. ...No. I mustn't. As much as I may want to, I mustn't"

JUST PUT YOUR HEAD ON THE MAN'S G*DD*MN SHOULDER ALREADY FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST

... ahem.

I don't always ship, but when I do, God bless all who stand in my path :)

Anywho.

This chapter reminded me of Christopher Paolini a bit- not the info dumping or the "here's the hidden meaning in the last sentence" bit, but the thinking-of-everything bit. I don't have the sentence on copy (due to above) but when Lia was knitting, it was mentioned how she had to be careful about not tangling the yarn. It's those little things that make things all the more realistic.
Ill Take The Sword chapter 31 . 9/27/2012
D:

That did /not/ go the way I wanted it to.

They were alone. In the /bedroom./

-shakes head-

Ah well. At least there was some Lia/Elaine bonding, I always love some sisterly bonding :3
Ill Take The Sword chapter 30 . 9/23/2012
This chapter is a perfect example of why I love this story so much.

Why?

1200 words and nothing of great importance happened, yet I wasn't bored.

Can't wait for Lia and Jesse's... talk :)
Ill Take The Sword chapter 29 . 9/17/2012
A doorway hit my head while I was too focused on my iPod and reading this chapter. It was worth it though xD

Anywho. This chapter was probably the one wlthat impressed me the most about you. Information can be hard to write without lumping it all into one paragraph, but you spaced it out through the whole chapter, and didn't make it too slow either.

Fave quite:
"But they don't go on land, do they?" asked Elaine.

I like how it shows that even though Elaine has been a dragonwoman for a while, she still doesn't know everything. It's nice to have physical proof too point at saying that characters aren't these all-knowing god-types who are just like, "x equals 5.63929638. Duh."
Ill Take The Sword chapter 28 . 9/12/2012
I feel bad for Lia :( She was sort of yanked out of her old life by the hair, wasn't she? Still, I'd kill to get a chance to ride on a dragon.

Not gonna lie, ending was a bit peculiar. Normally you do a good job of giving just enough finality, but leaving a cliffhanger as well, but this time it seemed as though maybe you saved this chapter and the final under a different name, but uploaded the wrong one?

Ah well. Mistakes happen, amiright?

Can't wait for next chappie, like always :D
Guest chapter 28 . 9/12/2012
Wow. I wonder what her reaction to Jesse and Oren will be when she sees them.. Please update soon!
Fragile Daydreamer chapter 28 . 9/12/2012
Awww, Dwynwen! that was an awkward place to break off... :( I wanted to read more about the dragons and Mayathrin...

Oh, and is there some way you can make Eric Dagov just keel over and die? please? hahaha

Anyway, you did great. I'm definitely looking forward to the next chapter. :D

-Daydreamer
Ill Take The Sword chapter 27 . 9/5/2012
Me: Oh, a new Dragonpeople chapter! Just what I need to cheer me up after all my homework!

-reads chapter-

Me: ...well, so much for being cheered up.

I still loved it, though :3 Question; this may have been clarified before, but in this chapter you called Rusalka a wild dragon. How else do the Dragonpeople get their dragons? Do they get them as an egg, or buy them somehow?
Guest chapter 27 . 9/5/2012
I just caught this story when you last updated. I've read the whole thing. I would definitely buy this story. And that's saying a lot coming from me. This is by far the most wonderful story that I've come upon on here or any of these sites. And I read a lot. I've never done this before-but I am going to suggest this story to others who have not visited this site. Your story is amazing. Please update this soon and make sequels :)
Nightshadowv chapter 27 . 9/5/2012
Awsome chapter! This has to one of the better dragon stories I have read. I like the take you took on the bonding and making it in to a whole culture.
Nightshadowv chapter 26 . 8/30/2012
This is getting really interesting, can't wait to read the next chapter. It looks like some major storm is brewing. :)
Solomon Sia chapter 18 . 8/26/2012
A nice chapter!

The last lines were very poignant. It really gives a strong feeling of family, security and affection, especially since Irsavon is so alone and young, and separate from his family. It must be a traumatising experience, I'm glad he has found somewhere where he feels safe.

Also, his father appears! A very impressive, gentlemanly and stately elf. I'd parallel him with Mac in the way both are very solid, gentle and noble father figures. So the next day they will be going to Elfland to return Irsavon? This was a very good episode, which highlights Lia's caring nature.

The atmosphere was also something interesting, it was a feeling of mystery but not danger, a very fitting climate to visit elves.
95 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »