Reviews for The Black Sword
Ms.Julia chapter 57 . 5/2/2013
I absolutely LOVED this, and I'm hoping eagerly that you've written a sequel. If not, you should.
It was a wonderful read :)
Ms.Julia chapter 33 . 5/2/2013
I'm enthralled, and I'm continuing on to the next chapter. Your style really expresses how insightful your characters are and your story is very much in technicolour. :)
gismo1 chapter 57 . 11/25/2012
This has been a very interesting journey you have taken me on. I have found your story only yesterday and started reading very cautiously. Why? Because there were so very few reviews for a tale of these dimensions.
It was as I hoped it would be, though. You were simply not given the credit you clearly deserve for I couldn't stop reading until the very last word of this first book. I found the world you have created very interesting. I liked your characters and the ideas they were offering in a time where all hope seemed lost.
I must admit that sometimes I felt that situations or things were only described very sketchy. When I read your author's note however, I understood that it was done on purpose. I still feel that Mai should have been given more screen time since she had so much impact on your main character.
Thank you for sharing and it would be a delight to see more of this series.
Gurion Omega chapter 51 . 8/6/2012
Thinking back on all the reviews I've given you so far, I realized I was doing this story an injustice, merely pointing out the flaws, while overlooking the strengths.
So I decided to point out what was working overall in this narrative.
1) The setting. There isn't a lot of traveling from place to place, but the fixed setting of White Rock and Samara puts a uncommon focus on character. It adds to the natural logic of the world, instead of migraine-inducing exploitation.
2) Like I wrote earlier, the Faer Karani have a menacing, overarching threat in this world. The obstacle of their alleged invulnerability remind me of the Lord Ruler from the Mistborn Trilogy.
3) The death of Mai. Boy oh boy. I. DIDN' . .
4) To add to that, SHE DIED OFFSCREEN. That wham line at the end of that chapter tempted me to skip to Cal's next POV chapter. But that wouldn't be fair because, well, all the characters are well rounded, and I care about all of them.

Keep it up!
Gurion Omega chapter 30 . 7/27/2012
Overall some of the new characters are getting a little out-of-focus, ie, I'm not sure how they fit into the story. But I like how things are going pacing-wise for each character arc
Gurion Omega chapter 8 . 6/30/2012
I like the overarching sense of menace that the Faer Kerani (shoot me if I spelled that wrong, but I'm too lazy too just check) represents. But I still think some elements are a little vague, ie, when, how and why did the FK (getting lazier now) come here. The character of Serhan would be a little more engaging if I'd get just a whiff of his main MO. Other than that, I think it's quite solid overall.
Nyla Susset chapter 3 . 6/21/2012
Hey, this Serhan is a very intriguing character... I'm not sure if he's the hero or the antagonist of this story...what is sure is that he's a very smart guy... /

Looking forward to reading the next chapter!
Nyla Susset chapter 2 . 6/19/2012
Good!

It seems to be a really interesting story as I can say so far... )

It's an original idea, well what I've read from you are very genuine stories... I really like them... I like how descriptive you are, the places, sensations, everything... really good job! D

Looking forward to reading the following chapters!