Reviews for the Devil's Compass
roseskyangel chapter 4 . 8/28/2012
this is really good love it so cannot wait for more. please update when you can.
roseskyangel chapter 3 . 6/27/2012
this is really good love it.
XxLadyKnightLizxX chapter 3 . 6/27/2012
Yet another installment to your swashbuckling novella! You're evolving your story at a breakneck pace and it's absolutely enthralling. Laebri, handsome and just a tad harsh. ;D He can sail my ship anytime. Joking, joking. Or was I? I like this Irivae/Laebri pairing possibility, though I don't think they have much chemistry. She is young and cheerful and just a tad stupid, and could fall for anyone. Laebri's personality seems different this chapter though, I don't know why. He seems more irritable. Is he PMSing? Just saying, guys can do that.

YOU CANNOT HURT SENTI OR... OR... *Takes Irivae Hostage* You'll never see Irivae again. Muahaha. Erhem.

I really like how you're slowly developing Laebri's background story, and creating this antagonist in Kaetani that is not only loveable but mysterious and tortured. You just want to give him a hug. I love how all your characters appear natural and react naturally.

Once again I give you props for your excellent descriptions, gosh a girl could get used to that. "Kaetani's eyes seemed to gorge with fury, and every muscle in his body seemed to tense, when he just let out an anguished, animalistic screech from his throat, as if in protest to Laebri's words, and disappeared in a swirl of fire." COULD THAT DESCRIPTION GET ANYMORE BEAUTIFUL D:. I just love love love description and imagery. Keep up the good work

I'm not gonna even comment on spelling and grammar because I'm probably worse than you.

ezonad chapter 3 . 6/27/2012
I'm really enjoying your story so far. The characters are interesting and I really enjoy Kaetani. Pirates are definitely my thing. I consider myself a bit of a non-professional pirate buff so if you need any info on how a pirate ship is run, feel free to let me know.

Thanks for the story and keep it up. I can't wait to read the next chapter!

Z
XxLadyKnightLizxX chapter 2 . 6/25/2012
Renaissance-y. Gotcha.

I knew there was something off about that boy! At least I think that's Laebri. Wikali, now that's a guy a girl could love. I'm already inventing a million different possible relationships for Irivae, it's going to be fun watching her choose, verbally battle and maybe transform your male characters. You see what you've done! I'm already fully invested in your character. Damn you and your character driven ways. Your characters are so well motivated, and it seems like you really know them. I don't know if I said that before but it does. You have a clear understanding of what motivates your characters and it really shows in your writing and creates this amazing vortex of amazingness! Please, don't make me say amazing again. Very few writers can employ character-driven goodness. Don't even get me started on Senti. Loyal animal creature DO NOT KILL HIM OFF OR INJURE HIM OR I WILL HURT YOU. Please? "Why do you think saying please" will work I ask myself. I really enjoy your descriptions, I find that many people seem to skip that in favour of... other things. Please, continue writing when you can, I'm already emotionally involved.

Can't wait for more Irivae goodness.

roseskyangel chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
this is really good love it.
XxLadyKnightLizxX chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
I think this is great. Swashbuckling madness! Hopefully some privateering and maybe a little piracy. ;D I really enjoy followed Irivae, and she's such bright character... a change from the boring, often depressed characters from books such as Twilight. I'm guessing you're working from a parallel medieval time? Though, I'm not really getting that vibe... I'm sure you're going for that? I'm already wondering what Laebri is up to, something's off about that boy! But oh dear does he sound handsome, just the thing to sweep a certain girl off her feet. Please continue writing. I really enjoy your writing style, and the energy in your work. Please, I'm practically begging you. LET'S GO IRIVAE! Haha.