Reviews for Flowers
Nina chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
Hey there, I don't know if that helps in any way but I wanted to tell you that I really enjoy your writing style and I 90 West is probably one of my favourite stories. What I mean to say is that...um...I would fucking *die of happiness* if you were to write more. Anything. Like a computer manual. Or, hell, a thousand-page novel about the sexual practices of belugas would be fine.
I'll just be stalking your profile, yeah?
Much love,
Nina
GrangerDanger333 chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
Oh. Wow. I like Ben's spews of words throughout this. And I like how Joel's character knows exactly what to do with Ben, how to manage him. It's really honest and sad and aww why are all of your characters basically instantly loveable?! You're a great writer.
JHeartbreak chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
So I'm going through your one-shots, one by one. (Is there any other way to do it?)

This one is pretty daring. First of all, there's no actual gay love action, which seems pretty daring considering the milieu we're in. I mean, you didn't say slash in the description, but I still expected it. The central motivation and action all surround Ben's grief.

Also, good on you for getting such a developed story from such a simple prompt.

I feel that the story doesn't really go anywhere. The only thing that gives it a 'close' is the flower thing, which I find kind of weak. By that I mean, it's a metaphor that doesn't cover the rest of the story very well. Why is Ben able to accept this symbol? Why from Joel? Without these answers, even suggestions for these answers, it just becomes like "Grief! And now - ungrief!"

I'll continue reading.
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
"Where is it?'
"Where's what, darling?"
"I'm not your fucking darling, where is it?"
- Benjamin is so incredibly angry, and you portrayed that in a very realistic yet amusing way. I had a smile on my face the whole time because he's living a tragedy, but he's strong. I love that he's not crying or complaining all the time. This is one incredibly cool character you've created.

"I step on them and my mother inhales sharply and my dad says, "Ben," and Joel's mom looks like she doesn't know what to do but Joel says, "It's fine.""
- 50 actions in one sentence, love it!

""You put it in water and a vase and you mope for as long as it's alive but when it's dead you gotta move on.""
- This must be mu favourite sentence of the whole story. Wonderful how Joel just says what has to be said, in such an easy manner. He's a wonderful character also. The way you show us their friendship, by describing certain actions, is totally amazing.

The only thing I don't like is the last sentence. The flower will be dead in a while, it pains me to know he'll be hurting more later.
Awesome story, thanks for the nice read!
heyitsstupidme chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
That was sad, but I liked it. I didn't expect that from reading the summary.
I liked that it revolved so much around Ben's feelings, his bitterness and sadness and how he saw the helplessness from his family and friends.
I would be happy if you decided to write more but it's also great as an one-shot.
nffhkasjfnbsdkjb chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
Oh gosh, so sad! Joel is lovely and sweet though. Really well written.

Love

Suki
Aletiah chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
This was sad. I love how you wrote the sorrow like this...

"It's stupid how it feels like something tore one of my fucking lungs out and I can't breathe properly ever and then there are moments when I feel like some fucking – animal or something is just fucking clawing at me from the inside and it hurts so fucking bad"

If you want to continue it, I will read it. Great job!
seventhswan chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
oh mannnnn. This hurt. And I mean that in the best way. I think you captured the grief of losing a sibling so well. I mean, I know for me, there would be so much anger involved, especially since Eric was Ben's kid brother. OH GOD, and I can't even imagine losing my little brother or sister.

I also loved Joel and his idea about letting Ben be a jerk until the flower dies. That's so...smart, idk. I just loved the whole thing. I thought everyone's reactions were super realistic and like I said, I hurt. I felt like I knew Eric and just...guh.

YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD WRITER I'M SO GLAD YOU POSTED!