Reviews for The Fights
Guest chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
On the topic of your title, I'd recommend you format it in some way because it blends into the poem and it takes a while to realise it's not a part of the poem doubling up as the title.

Anyway, I like the loose-form structure of the first half of this because the voice winds up speaking powerfully. I don't however like the psuedo rhyme structure that forces itself on the second half because it becomes too tight and restrictive; the inner voice doesn't really speak out of that.

Ohana from the Review Marathon (link in profile)
The Autumn Queen chapter 1 . 7/16/2012

Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
omg this is just amazing I totally understand this. Very well writen. Good job.
lymli chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
my parents are like that, really get sick of yelling and stuff
its a madmad world chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Beautiful. My parents scream and yell and brake glasses too. The best you can do is just try to lean from their mistakes and then try to get away. I mean, call a friend or something. One time I locked myself in the bathroom for an hour when my friends parents were fighting and stayed on the phone with her. You know you have a true friend when she offers you a used Kleenex and its the most beautiful thing you've seen all day :) I know you are having a hard time right now, but there are still people who love you no matter what you do. Listen to the song "Family Portrait" by P!nk. Music can get you through your darkest days.
walls-have-ears chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
That was quite sad. I hope you are feeling better, and I like the rhyming used.
SarahxVanity chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Ugh, I can relate to this so much. I remember so many of my friends freaking out when they found out their parents were getting a divorce or something..When that's all i've actually wanted my parents to do. It really stresses me out the way they fight. But all you can do is learn from their mistakes and make your relationship with your spouse the exact opposite. :) best of luck and keep writing. xx
Rogue Energizer Bunny chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Aw. Do you need a hug?

*administers hug without waiting for answer*