Reviews for The Rules of Dating Me, Alex Green
Juliette Reynolds chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
This is amazing. I just wish chapter six was up... I... don't... know... how... much... longer... I... can... wait...
Guest chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
This isn't how you start a story. I don't need a complete rundown of the character's life. Honestly, this a huge info dump and does nothing but suck away any momentum you could have had starting your story. What you want to do at the beginning of your story is to intrigue your audience. Show something happening and have your characters react to it. That will tell me a lot more about your character then telling me his height. I want to know these people. I want to know what makes them tick and, to me, everything you've mentioned in this chapter is pretty external and irrelevant. You have a whole novel to show your reader these things.

I did like the part going through his previous girlfriends. This gave me a lot more insight into who Alex Green is than all the other superfluous information. It also makes sense with your premise. I would ditch everything else and frame this introductory chapter around his past girlfriends. I'd love more detail on them, especially considering this is a novel about Alex's romantic exploits.

Seriously, this needs work. Your prose isn't bad. It's flexible and definitely readable but right now this first chapter is a mess.
Gabby726 chapter 3 . 6/29/2012
Great story so far :) update soon
midnight'awaken chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
Is this set in the U.K ? It seems like it... Oh... And great story & keep it up :)