Reviews for A Gift of Time
L. Jaque chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
I really like this story. it is very well written so far. I love your title, your summary and your cover for your story.
AllyrienDM chapter 11 . 8/21/2013
Well, I'M nervous now, so you got the mood spot-on.
kaypgirl chapter 10 . 8/19/2013
The rewrites so far have worked well although I was glad for a whole new chapter I hadn't read before. These frequent updates have been a treat.
ZeroGain chapter 10 . 8/15/2013
Alright, sorry for the mangled review a few moments ago...

As I was saying, viewing the relationship through Rose's eyes, or whatever a spirit sees with, is a real treat. She's fun and lively, and a real counter to Nat's super competence syndrome.

The declaration of space and reminder of boundaries, excellent; the gossipy bits, fun and funny; the whole tone is just fantastic.

As far as the three questions go, no worries there.

Now... I would like to see more dialogue in the interrogation. Show us Collins police skills and attention to detail, and frustration with the questioning, please. That bit is a little "tell-y". Not at the expense of more chapters, though , if you please.

Still, fun read!
Tim N chapter 10 . 8/15/2013
Excellent choice to use Rose as the POV, and in fact you do so many good things in this chapter it's hard to isolate them all.

First, the interplay between Colin and Nat thru Rose
Tim chapter 1 . 6/29/2013
Great opening. Once more you provide a well leavened scenario with interesting characters who have most certainly lived, a bit of mystery to untangle (one of my favorite things about your writing), and romance that feels real. Your minimalism is well in evidence with the economy of your words: Enough detail at the right times to paint the scene, but still spare and tight. Every word fell like it serves a purpose.

Excellent.
Luckycool9 chapter 16 . 5/1/2013
Wow, poor Colin, he lost his parents at such a young age. I love the relationship Nat and him have. I am excited to see how her gift works out!
Luckycool9 chapter 15 . 4/24/2013
So, Rose can somehow be heard by Colin. She can do it that way. Love how Natalaya doesn't realize Rose is giving her a sign. I am excited for more of this book.
MikeKent chapter 14 . 4/18/2013
Another great chapter. You have a lovely touch with dialogue. I'm totally curious if Nat's gift is gone, or just temporarily derailed. And if time will try to right itself by killing off Colin in some other manner.

It's interesting that the chain of events that's resulted in the changes to the future timeline that Nat 'remembered' started with Rose's intervention. Sure, Nat prevented Grace from getting burned the first time, which resulted in Max's house burning down. But it was Rose who went and found the girl, 'Kenzi', and that led directly to Kenzi bringing Colin back from death, and then healing Grace when she was burned the second (or should that now be first) time.

And Rose was 'sent' to the girl. Which would mean that everything that came after was the result of divine guidance.

I'll be so glad when you finish this story, because I can't wait to see what happens next, and how everything is resolved.
AllyrienDM chapter 14 . 4/18/2013
Talk about stubbornness as a defining family trait. Though it worked better for Natalya's brothers, I think. Hopefully Colin is up to the task :)
World Of Ink chapter 13 . 3/22/2013
I finally had a little time to myself to sit down and read what you've been working on here and I think this is probably my favorite so far. Colin and Nat seem as though they'd make an adorable couple and I can't wait to see how things pan out for them.

Can't wait to read more!
Luckycool9 chapter 13 . 3/18/2013
Ahh! A cliff-hanger1 I want to know Colin's answer. I am wondering where this is going. I love how this story is turning out!
AllyrienDM chapter 13 . 3/17/2013
Huh. That's - not at all what I was expecting. Curiouser and curiouser.
Luckycool9 chapter 12 . 2/28/2013
Wow! She accepted the name given to her! She is a healer, isn't she? Awesome chapter as usual and I await more!
Tim chapter 12 . 2/28/2013
I hadn't expected psychic healing to be on the list. I really enjoy getting caught up in your revelations in these stories. Again, top notch word play. You make me remember, again, and again, how good a story can be with minimalist descriptions.

Grace is brilliant in here. This fits the mental image I have of her as a tough, no nonsense go-getter. She may be overcompensating, but in my head Grace lines up on a target and never lets go until she's hit the bullseye. Very competitive, very driven, but also compassionate. I find her insight to people needing/asking for help spot on.

The doctor in Nat shows up here, quite strongly. Even through panic she is organized and on task. Both are character traits that endear her to me. While I would trust Grace to manage a business for me, I know I could trust Nat to keep her head in any emergency, as she has demonstrated time and again.

I also get the sense that Nat is pushing off dealing with issues, and pushing hard. It's scattered in with small observations throughout.

Lastly, KENZI. Ha! Truly awesome! Excellent sense on how to end a chapter, maintain momentum, and spark up the girl's character.

Much to love in this chapter, and this book keeps getting better.

Keep going!