Reviews for Call Boy
Mcgde chapter 7 . 9/2/2012
I really liked this chapter, and I liked that Kyler and Dexter had sort of a little heart to heart. Kyler seems like such a sweetheart, and I can't help but love him more and more with every chapter that goes by. I feel bad for Dexter, but I love the way you've made his character. It's like at times he's a little sarcastic boy and others he's just a little puppy looking for a home that Kyler is trying to give to him. The only thing I didn't like, was that around the time where the father went up to make his speech, it seemed a but rushed and I had a hard time understanding everything that was going on. But that was really the only thing that I noticed, and other than that it was an amazing chapter!
jaskolka chapter 7 . 9/2/2012
Hey there, glad to see another update.
I enjoyed reading this chapter a lot. Actually, it seems to me that it is one of your best ones so far.

I loved Grace's crazy draving. She is shaping up to be a great character - nervous but determined to pull through and have her own way in the end.

The growing Dexter/Kyler intimacy is making me feel sweet and warm inside. The kiss scene was wonderful - it wasn't about lust but rather showed Kyler's care and affection for Dex. The latter feeling attraction and panic at the same time felt real and made the scene believable. I can't wait to get more of Kyler slowly and gently taming Dex, helping him to get over the trauma.

Kyler's dad... is a hard nut to crack. A very intriguing character so far. I am glad that you pictured him here as a very composed and strong person. It surprised me that he would care at all about his son't gay date and his intentions. After all wasn't Evans Senior the one to have his son have sex for the company's benefit? Was it a necessary evil to him? The end justifies the means kind of thing? Oh, and I don't know if I've missed it but what was Kyler's dad's first name?

Ali - I absolutely love the cruel, manipulative and egoistical angle of this character. Yeah, there are people like that in real life and she would so fit in with this bunch. Curious why would she string along Kyler all that time, dangling Dex in front of his nose like that.

All in all, great job creating this chapter! It was a pleasure to read.
TinaLouise chapter 7 . 9/2/2012
This is such a good story. I'm not sure what connection is made about Ali. Is it that she must have gotten a bunch of money to be ale to open Fly? Is her lying about dexters schedule really enough for dexter to condemn her after years of trust?
S.H. Marr chapter 7 . 9/2/2012
Kyler's dad: I don't mind him. Ali: I hate her. Dexter's comfort: excellent. Tabs: perhaps after dinner.

*yawn* I just moved back into my dorm room, so I'm a little tired, but I wonder. Ali puzzles me. I suppose Kyler seemed easy to keep on a string, but why wouldn't she just pick someone else for this Carlisle guy that had tastes better suited than Dex?

Augustus: Weird name.
close enough to speak chapter 6 . 8/29/2012
So I like the idea that Kyler has been waiting so to speak for two years for Dexter but find it a little unbelievable. Kyler is some big hotshot why does he have to wait a whole 2 years to hire Dexter? Looking forward to the next update!
close enough to speak chapter 3 . 8/29/2012
I like hearing Dexter's perspective, it's a great way to see how attractive Dexter is
close enough to speak chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
Very interesting start, I especially love the line "But I don't do real love, and I don't fuck - not anymore."
monarchos chapter 6 . 8/24/2012
This really is a very good chapter. I like the way it opens. I'll make a few suggestions, but they are very minor.

1) With a few weeks between each chapter, I am getting the names confused - Dexter vs. Kyler. The "-er" ending of both names makes them sound similar. It didn't help that Kyler's first thoughts were like those an escort. I reread from the beginning the story & it makes more sense.
2) This sentence is awkward: "It's approximate, of course, and she graces the door with style only expected of a woman hoping for an entrance." I don't believe you need the word 'only'. If you have a good adjective to describe 'entrance', you could use it there, as well (ex. melodramatic or theatrical) - because (I'm sure) all of the guests hoped for an entrance - even the timid ones.
3) "waste of time" is used in both paragraphs 3 & 4 to describe Eleanor - a little repetitive.

That's all I got - it looks good.
No name chapter 6 . 8/23/2012
Keep up the good work
RinaJewelz chapter 6 . 8/20/2012
Their first meeting :) whoopwhoop nice interlude
Tra-vation chapter 6 . 8/20/2012
This story is gah! I love it. It's so cute. It's a love that's developed over time. Me gusta!
peopleinducenausea chapter 6 . 8/19/2012
Ok, so I like the characters the most. The plot, I'm suspecting, will get really heated and tangled very quickly. I like that you're pacing the flow of the story with interludes and deeper insight into their thoughts. So far, the characters are consistent and the plot is promising. I'll be watching this one, for sure, mainly because it is so well-written.
Starlette420 chapter 6 . 8/19/2012
me! you owe me a reply! lol. no im just playing. I'd rather you spend your time writing more for this amazing story. :D
This was an interesting chapter. We see where Kyler first saw Dexter. So romantic in a way. As romantic as one of the two being a call boy can be. I truely hope they fall in love and live happily ever after. So make it happen yeah? lol. At least in the end.
anyways love this, keep up the awesomeness
Mcgde chapter 6 . 8/19/2012
I really love this chapter! It makes it a lot easier to understand and gives me some insight on what's going on in Kyler's head. I don't know if I really understand fully, but I still love this story and will follow it to the end!
js chapter 6 . 8/19/2012
It's nice to learn a little more about their past...I appreciated the chapter. :) Also, no need for a reply if you'd rather not. I never know what to write in a review other than to acknowledge the fact that I'm reading the story and I like what I'm reading thus far. :)
202 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »