Reviews for Call Boy
Starlette420 chapter 8 . 9/17/2012
so, i love this. just to clarify. :) grace is cool, but i'd rather have less grace and more kyler to be honest. i hope kyler's feelings are strong, and he eventually offers to make this fling permanent. i really really like this couple, and i never want them to break appart. I'd like to see cuddling between the two :D i'm not sure if thats pushing it or not, but dex is starting to feel safe with him after all! maybe he could wake up from a nightmare and go to kylers room or the kitchen where kyler just so happenes to be getting something to drink ;)
give me a little hope! haha.
but keep doing what youre doing, your writing is great and this plot is awesome. more as soon as you can okay? :)
Author Leigh Songstad chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Wow, your writing pulled me in from the beginning. Great descriptions. Kylerwhat an interesting name.
S.H. Marr chapter 8 . 9/16/2012
That was a lot shorter than I expected. I don't know why anyone told you Grace acted like a guy, but then, I'm not exactly your typical girl, so what do I know?

Answer: Dex wasn't really in the mood to ask and Kyler's probably too...shy's not the right word, maybe explain at the moment. So I think it worked. It's obvious from his actions that he feels something fairly strong for Dex.
APoetOfSorts chapter 8 . 9/16/2012
This story is unique and I'm glad I found it. Can't wait to read more.
Mcgde chapter 8 . 9/16/2012
I really really like this chapter. A lot of the reason is because I learned more about Grace and what type of personality she has, and also because of how sweet Kyler is.

When you first met Grace in this, I thought I would like her a lot, and I still do on some level, but not as much as I had originally hoped. She seems a bit air-headed and self absorbed and conceited. I do feel bad for her because of the restraints put on her by Kyler, but I think it's for her own good and she just doesn't understand that fully.

I like a lot that Dexter isn't just some little bitch that whines about his life all the time and how hard it is for him. He understands that it's not always about him (though I really do wish Kyler would give him a big hug and hold him for awhile). He's so complex and likable in the way you make his character out to be. :)

Kyler basically just turns me to mush whenever he comes in at a part. He's so unbelievably sweet and kind to Dexter and is such a sweetheart that it makes my insides turn to goo. I love that he's giving a type of tiny hint about the way he feels for Dexter and I can't wait for the next chapter to see what happens! :)

Update soon please! :)
monarchos chapter 7 . 9/11/2012
Sometimes I think I go through each chapter 6 or 7 times. By then I’m starting to imagine things. This seems like a lot – hopefully it is helpful. The prose is good.

This chapter left me with just as many questions as answers (which is a good thing). I had been under the impression that Kyler had been pushed off to the side of the business (charity activities and what not). His father declaring him more than capable to take over seems out of place. There may be a reason that Kyler underestimates his father’s confidence in him (I presume.) I’m not sure what to make of Ali at this point – and the fact that Kyler knows the rapist (i.e. not just that he knows who he is, but he was invited to the party.) These are some of the details which raise more questions than answers. The cynic in me says that there is still a missing link in the story. If she used Dexter to get funding for The Fly, why was Kyler placed on hold?

The beginning part is interesting – it gives a little more insight to the Grace character. I’m confused as to why she would command Dexter to silence, but reveal the same detail the moment she arrives to her brother. That scene is a little confusing (I swallow hard and try to fight back the bouts of nausea slowly rolling through my body. We crawl through traffic at a snail's pace. – why would you get nausea at a snail’s pace? I took it to mean that they decelerate to a snail’s pace as they crawl through the inner city traffic.) Dexter’s calm words seem out of place with his fear that she almost killed him three times. The car ride could a perfect opportunity for Grace to make some revelations with Dexter unable to engage her with intelligent questions.

A couple of minor details to consider –

1)Do a count on the word “panic” – it occurs too many times in the chapter. My suggestion is to take some out & add some different descriptors. There are a few other times. Look at the word “know” it also seems to appear a lot.
2)This is one of those pet peeves of mine – “My stomach cramps with an unrecognizable emotion.” I’m tempted to ask how many recognizable emotions your stomach cramps with. The pet peeve is that body parts don’t have emotions. (And then the same unrecognizable emotion returns.) An alternative would be “My stomach writhes in excruciating spasms.”
Aletiah chapter 7 . 9/5/2012
Omg, his rapist come to the party? Poor Dexter... but Kyler is so sweet to him!
Kyler's dad... he seems to be a bit creepy. But we already knew what he did to his children in the past, but what he said to Dexter... it doesn't seem really normal to say the first time you met your son's boyfriend. Or does he know Dexter is a call boy?
alliciainwonder chapter 7 . 9/3/2012
I really like Kyler and his patience to get to know and try to make Dexter more comfortable between them. The whole Ali thing is just jznvkgvk O.O Hope Kyler can help Dexter cope better with what happened. Loving the story so far so update soon!
YasuRan chapter 7 . 9/3/2012
Though we don't see much of Kyler's dad, he makes an impact thanks to his announcement. I also get that he cares about his son, from the brief interaction he has with Kyler and Dexter. Even though we don't see much of Kyler's family in general so far, they've always left an impression which works well in making them memorable even if they are only supporting characters.

The revelation about Ali shocked me. It certainly casts her actions in a shady light and has me wondering what her intentions for Dexter are in the grand scheme of things. On the other hand, Kyler's nice and sweet in an understated way. Though the fact that he's been keeping tabs on Dexter for two years gives off strong 'STALKER!' vibes XD. I can tell he cares more about Dexter than he lets on and that promises a lot for the poor guy in the long run, now that I sense trouble in the reappearance of the rapist.

Keep up the good work!
Starlette420 chapter 7 . 9/2/2012
wow! this add was intense! i loved it though. dex and kyler are so cute its insane. i hope they work out in the end. poor poor dexter :( love this! cant wait for the next add :)
Sapphire2619 chapter 7 . 9/2/2012
Liked it can't wait for more
FifiBojangles chapter 7 . 9/2/2012
This one is huge! I love it! oh damn...there's no more...well that's not cool! That's a big twist! I am very pleased!

I really like how complicated you've made Kyler and Dexter just keep it up! Definitely following this one.
FifiBojangles chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
I really like this start...I didn't think I would be into this story, but here I am going onto Chapter 2! This is really a good start.

My only complaint is that at this point it feels a bit predictable I suppose. He's going to fall for this guy...I can't wait to see where the conflict comes in.
Mcgde chapter 7 . 9/2/2012
I really liked this chapter, and I liked that Kyler and Dexter had sort of a little heart to heart. Kyler seems like such a sweetheart, and I can't help but love him more and more with every chapter that goes by. I feel bad for Dexter, but I love the way you've made his character. It's like at times he's a little sarcastic boy and others he's just a little puppy looking for a home that Kyler is trying to give to him. The only thing I didn't like, was that around the time where the father went up to make his speech, it seemed a but rushed and I had a hard time understanding everything that was going on. But that was really the only thing that I noticed, and other than that it was an amazing chapter!
jaskolka chapter 7 . 9/2/2012
Hey there, glad to see another update.
I enjoyed reading this chapter a lot. Actually, it seems to me that it is one of your best ones so far.

I loved Grace's crazy draving. She is shaping up to be a great character - nervous but determined to pull through and have her own way in the end.

The growing Dexter/Kyler intimacy is making me feel sweet and warm inside. The kiss scene was wonderful - it wasn't about lust but rather showed Kyler's care and affection for Dex. The latter feeling attraction and panic at the same time felt real and made the scene believable. I can't wait to get more of Kyler slowly and gently taming Dex, helping him to get over the trauma.

Kyler's dad... is a hard nut to crack. A very intriguing character so far. I am glad that you pictured him here as a very composed and strong person. It surprised me that he would care at all about his son't gay date and his intentions. After all wasn't Evans Senior the one to have his son have sex for the company's benefit? Was it a necessary evil to him? The end justifies the means kind of thing? Oh, and I don't know if I've missed it but what was Kyler's dad's first name?

Ali - I absolutely love the cruel, manipulative and egoistical angle of this character. Yeah, there are people like that in real life and she would so fit in with this bunch. Curious why would she string along Kyler all that time, dangling Dex in front of his nose like that.

All in all, great job creating this chapter! It was a pleasure to read.
215 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »