Reviews for Call Boy
GrangerDanger333 chapter 9 . 10/15/2012
Yayyy there's more! :( Sad chapter though, but I still enjoyed it.

I really lurrve the idea of an alternate-universe story. I think that could be really cuuute :D

By the way, I am just seriously loving Trevor. I hope there will be more of his cute lil self _
heyitsstupidme chapter 9 . 10/15/2012
I'm so happy you updated again. :)
This chapter was really melancholy. I really like it and I'm looking forward to the next chapters or this alternate thing about Dex and Ky.
Aletiah chapter 9 . 10/15/2012
I loved this chapter, and what Dexter told Kyler was just heartbreaking. I hope Kyler will prove him wrong, that he can love someone and know the difference from fake. He should have played him a song! I think that hade meant a lot for Dexter if he had.
I'm worried about Trevor. Poor guy, I hope he will be okay throughout this story. He seems like a good friend to Dexter to have, he will need him!
S.H. Marr chapter 9 . 10/14/2012
I'd read it, but I don't want to encourage you to wander off. Rey and Eiryu keep begging me to, but if I did, I don't think I'd ever get back (of course, I also got into a fight with Eiryu a few days ago and nothing's worked since then, anyway). So finish this first before the what-if's.

The tone was definitely melancholy. A bit weird: he left for two days and Kyler said nothing about it when he came back? Will Dex stay for two extra days to make up for it?

I want to see when all the confrontations will happen, but I know you aren't done with the buildup yet.
Mcgde chapter 9 . 10/14/2012
Very good, even though I felt bad for Kyler. I think I've said this in every review, but he's such a sweety and I wanna hug 'im!

I definetly like the way things seem to be going, and don't feel bad for not updating. At least you're not one of those authors that gets to the climax of a story and them decides their not going to update for three years straight.

Can't wait for the next update!

-Native
borderless chapter 9 . 10/14/2012
*Phew* an update. I'm always worried that a story will be discontinued when it isn't updated for awhile. why are you making the story darker!? Does that mean the ending's going to tragically sad? NOOO! I want a happy ending for Kyler and Dexter since they obviously deserve it from what they've been through. I know happy endings aren't always realistic according to the story but I don't really feel like crying to the mountaintops when things go wrong in the end :( I also understand that it's really hard for Dexter to open up but Kyler really does care for him and I hope he realizes and, more importantly, acknowledges this soon.
GrangerDanger333 chapter 8 . 10/12/2012
Wowwww! This is great! I just can't wait for more :)
I liked the bits from Kyler's POV cos its nice to have his input and hear about his past and his feelings. And yay for Kody who seems awesome. Loving the whole plot and characters and everything :D
dannyZ chapter 8 . 10/6/2012
so good.
monarchos chapter 8 . 9/30/2012
As always, I try to provide more specific feedback than "It's great." Not that there is anything wrong with that, I'm not sure it's helpful, but I try.

I kind of like the Grace sidebar (as long as it doesn't interrupt the flow of the main story.) Something in her story is not making complete sense to me. I'm not sure why Kyler is not letting her date someone - it was her dad's customer who hurt her before. I'm a little surprised that she is up at 8:30 - she seems like the type would sleep until the crack of noon (but Dexter would still be in bed anyway.) I'm also surprised that Kyler would try to control her dating. I think the "whore" comment should have been more piercing to Dexter. Instead of assuming she is trying to get Kyler angry, he could think that people tend to revert to their true feelings during emotional moments. This way Dexter could storm out rather than making a lame excuse.

I was wondering when Dexter's addictions would become more of a factor. I expect this is the case. I would think he would have some money as part of his pay; or perhaps he would have stolen something he could sell. I would think he would also be showing signs of withdraw by now. My $0.02.

Kody, hmmm, I kind of like that name, maybe I'll use it (except with a 'C')
Honunjama chapter 4 . 9/27/2012
'It takes the income of three escorts and a stripper just to pay for Trevor's meds.' I was a bit confused by this line...as Dexter has taken Trevor's medication, saying he gave it to him...but why would they all work so hard to get it if Trevor is not going to take it...just my thoughts...

I like Grace, she seems to have slightly mysterious motives, I can't put my finger on why.

I'm really enjoying this.

Honunjama chapter 3 . 9/27/2012
I like having Kyler's view. I think it's a good idea. Tbh I don't think it matters toooo much whether it's in the middle of a chapter or not for the reader, as if they were reading this as a completed story, the pov switch would just follow on.

'...sometimes, when someone is broken, they don't work the same once they're fixed.' Nice line :)

Honunjama chapter 2 . 9/27/2012
I like Dexter, he's sweet and kinda broken. I have such good feelings about this;)

Honunjama chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
I'm sucked in, I want to see where this is going:) You've dropped some great hints of a bigger story- Dexter's ex client, why Kyler needs to pay for an escort...

I don't usually pick up on grammar (and I didn't notice any typo's!) but the repetition in these two sentences, just because they were so close together, made me double take.
'at his easy take on my personal life'
'at his easy change of conversation topic'

I look forward to reading more!

heyitsstupidme chapter 8 . 9/21/2012
When I read the summary for this story, I thought it would be cliché, like ,,man with a bad life gets paid from a rich man for being with him and falls in love". But it's a very, very good story with interesting characters. I like Kyler, Dexter and Grace (even if it wasn't okay from Grace calling Dexter a whore after bonding with him). I like the way you write and I also like that you change to Kyler's POV sometimes and that you don't change the POV in a chapter, because that can be confusing. So, I'm really looking forward to the next chapter :)
Midnights Scream chapter 7 . 9/18/2012
A really interesting going quite in the direction I was expecting, but I still like it. great job!
232 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »