Reviews for I Accept
Princess Asaria chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
awwww that's so sweet :)
the-lovely-anomaly chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
I think "sounds" in "Every sounds pronounced into the air" should be "sound"; also, "free flowing" in "And her free flowing hair" should be hyphenated.

Other than those two things, this is a well-constructed poem. You have some really nice imagery here. I don't think I've ever seen marriage described like this, but I like it. Very refreshing. I especially like the part about the tiger stepping into the shoes of a domestic cat. So true! Nicely done!
blueagle246 chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Great poem! As stated the tiger to domestic cat was great!
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
"Every sounds pronounced into the air"... did you mean sound? Or sound is maybe?

I liked how the beginning sort of alluded to it being about marriage, but the ending solidified it. It was a great progression in the piece.

I also thought the tone was great here. Your descriptions of how her life will be changing were unique and well done, but they were against was seemed to be a hopeful and happy tone which was a nice contrast.

The only thing is I feel like it should be about "I do." Not "I Accept" because that seems more like it's about a proposal which especially today is way less binding and certain.

Good luck in the Review Marathon (link in my profile) not that you need it!
Archia chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
This was magnificent. The whole description of it all and I love how you made such a simple thing into so much more. I loved that whole idea of her being like a tiger and then instead a domestic cat. It doesn't make marriage seem that great anymore. I just loved this poem and all that it said so much.
berley chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Review Game: Easy Fix - This is a good start to a poem, but it’s a little too abstract for my taste. I appreciate the imagery you try to build with phrases like ‘her clipped wings’ and a tiger turning to a domestic cat. They were concrete, which is good in poetry, but I thought they could have been a little bit more original. You got a little too abstract with images like her tears shaping the words and singing symphonies. I do like the theme of her being from the forest, and how she’s being tamed. I’d suggest working with that more, just moving to concrete specific images and descriptions instead of the abstract, with not so specific details. Good job!
Abbytjie chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
I liked (loved) the images you used, especially the tiger and her clipped wings. It portays the idea you're trying to display wonderfully. It also shows her sadness.

I didn't like the first two stanzas' confusion. The sentences seemed unrelated and strange. (In fact, I think the poem would have been better if you had left them out).