Reviews for Closed Eyes
inorison chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Hm... this was an interesting story, I have to say. I do love ghosts and what can be done with them, and the mindset that can go with it can also be interesting. I feel, though, that the stream of consciousness was a bit rough to follow. The difficulty, I think, comes from the fact that a lot of what happens to the 'normal' people do is normally associated with ghosts- going through people and the like. It's tough to invert the usual order, and I think it would take a bit more explanation to really get the point across. Likewise, I'm not sure what the train metaphor stands for- normally boarding the train is a sign of moving on, and usually when a ghost does 'move on' you can't then say that they continue to 'see' the same things again- so again, I feel like there's a bit of miscommunication going on between your intentions as an author and my interpretation as a reader.

This isn't at all to say that this is a bad story, far from it! I salute your attempt and I think that you are, if you'll pardon the pun, on the right track. I just think that there's- ugh, another pun- a lot of baggage with ghost stories, and so it's a more difficult story to tell than some others. That being said, it was still an enjoyable read.