Reviews for A Soldier of Time The Alamo
Rumors of War chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
So far you've got my intrest, good premise, however being very familiar with guns I have to ask "What is an M60E4? Is it an M-60 machine gun? I see where you're trying to go with this. In my story "Cha'Nara's Gift" I did something similiar, I had modern characters go back to 1880 Colorado and the gold rush,, taking modern weapons, as they didn't want to fool around with "Cowboy crap, or antique weapons. In the story Deak took a Sig Saur P226 as well as a Springfield M1A1 (M-14) with an ACOG sight his wife had a Colt M-4 (AR series) as well as a Benelli M-4 auto shotgun. It was all top of the line stuff thay used in the 'Stan. Very effective and deadly against the outlaws and indians. Anyway I will continue to follow your story, and again, interesting subject.
Kyle chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
I hope this isn't a Time Tunnel type story.

Dad and I watched EVERY episode of Time Tunnel on Hulu because despite it's bad (absolutely stupid) script the Technicolor on the TV Show is VERY WELL DONE and all the battle scenes used REAL actors not computer simulations which real actors are usually cost prohibitive to produce for a TV show. TT was very unusual in that aspect.

Back then only movies like The Alamo had extensive battle scenes that were not dorky or fake looking unless of course you were a careful observer looking for problems which I admit am not usually.

Now a days movies are so fast paced (Lord Of The Rings/Harry Potter/ you often cannot even see who's fighting whom and the arms and legs get tangled with each other making it a very blurry mess plus they often try to out gross each other with monster scenes seeing whom can create the ugliest beasts to walk the sets.

Even the 1980s the battle scenes of major hit films *Indiana Jones* *The Terminator*.etc were viewable where you could see who is fighting who and clearly tell the opposing army.
Kyle chapter 2 . 12/11/2012
I hope to God this isn't another Time Tunnel type where it's virtually the same story (with a few small exceptions) EVERY stinking time period.

The funniest episodes are the space alien ones that are a preview to The Borg with their bee hive colony in Star Trek Next Generation 20 odd years later long before they were even thought of. :)

Example of a typical plot for any time period you choose Tony and Doug to be in.

Ann. I can't get a fix on Tony and Doug. We don't have the time nor cordinates. 10 minutes later after Tony and Doug are somehow prisoners/about to be killed or both they begin to get a picture on the Time Tunnel screen.

Ann the technician women. "I got a fix but it may not last long and don't have the cordinates nor enough power to begin a transfer"
In one Time Tunnel show the complex ordered a HUGE freaking dynamo to provide power and you wonder how they even got it in and the enormous electric bill afterwards.

The General somehow finds a person with extensive knowledge of that time period of choice that SOMEHOW gets over to the Time Tunnel Complex in less then 5 minutes of show time despite being halfway across the nation which in the 60s usually translates to several days.
Plus he is usually the descendant of the bad guy so that person has mental understanding of that particular time period and the stereotypical villain.

(Ann sets coordinates on the panel thingy)

Ann. I got a fix! I suggest we begin transfer. General. We don't have enough power unless we use all our reserve!"

Ann. But we gotta try
General. We can't risk that they could both be killed or we may only get one of them" Ann: If we don't do nothing they may very well die anyways! (Screen shows Tony and Doug being in a torture device or about to be shot freaking Ann out)

General. Very well prepare transfer! *Ann begins the countdown an JUST as it reaches zero the console Ann is on explodes into a shower of sparks and she is briefly knocked out.

Sometimes the bad guy winds up in the Time Tunnel and is confused as to where he is and starts going crazy ready to attack Ann or The General which the guards hold the crazed villain back resulting once in a while a stupid chase scene around the computer banks.

For some reason Ann always gets picked on in the show.
Kyle chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
How can he remember his history if he doesn't remember any Fing books?
Debate4life chapter 2 . 12/10/2012
I have the same question as Cloyd...update soon, please.
cypress16 chapter 2 . 7/2/2012
Hey,

As a current resident of Houston...

Go... I'd really like to see which side you take...

You going to be updating 'Reboot' as time soon?

John