Reviews for The Silver Book
TheBethM1 chapter 3 . 11/23/2013
So mysterious! I can't wait to read more of this story :)
TheBethM1 chapter 1 . 11/23/2013
Haunting first chapter!
Mr.CJ of Blackwater chapter 3 . 6/4/2013
Dear TheFloridaKeyz,

Woohoo! Another great chapter Keyz. I know there has been only three chapters (counting the intro) in total so far, but I already have high hopes for this story. Keep up the great work, and I'll see ya at the next chapter. :)

-Mr. CJ of Blackwater
TheBethM1 chapter 2 . 7/22/2012
What an amazing story with such a strong beginning :D
Mr.CJ of Blackwater chapter 2 . 7/10/2012
Dear TheFlordiaKeyz,

Hot dam, that's one heck of a chapter. Awsome work Keyz. I can't wait until the next chapter. I can already tell this is going to get better and better each chapter...

of Blackwater
Mr.CJ of Blackwater chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
Dear TheFlordiaKeyz,

-whistles- Whew wee, that was one heck of a intro. Great work Keyz, can;t wait to read the next chapter!

of Blackwater
name redacted chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
The comparison of "war" to "cat," "red," and "mom," successfully gives the reader a sense of how mundane it seems to the narrator. This leads me to believe that Silva is probably young, living in a war-torn country, supported by the fact that she quickly subverts the idea benign simplicity, which in turn shows her to be disturbed. In this, the first paragraph sets up a strong sense of voice, and a compelling character. I'm torn on whether or not I like the repetition in the penultimate paragraph; on one hand it resonates within the piece providing a sense of cadence (also, I'm a sucker for repetition) but on the other given the length of the repeated phrase it feels a little bit rehearsed. Too perfect. I get the sense that Silva is writing in some sort of a log or a diary given the personal, introspective nature of the entry, yet it feels like he's written this very carefully in order to set up the aforementioned resonance in order to maximize the impact of the writing, which could only lead to the conclusion that he's writing for somebody. Which come to think of it, he might be.
To be nitpicky: 1. I noticed a couple of "yous." Are these deliberate? Is there a you/intended reader, or are they a sign of informality in his writing? Or are these accidental?
2. It took me a moment to grasp the line "It's to validate the killing of another man through simple disagreement." I was a bit thrown by the "through." It sounded a bit like the men were being killed by way of disagreement, rather than for the sake of a disagreement the first time that I read the line.
Overall, well written, if abstract. I'm curious why Silva is writing this.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
This is a wonderful description of war!
I love your stories from the other site too.
You are talented so write more!