Reviews for Birds
Hannah chapter 24 . 3/8/2013
Darn cryptic dragons. … I just realized how often I think that phrase.
Hannah chapter 23 . 3/8/2013
Well, the voice telling the story IS a lot like a younger child, but at the same time, there're little snippets that run deeper. Like, Mayor's people's thing with being together, and Felt's feeling about the word "home".
Hannah chapter 18 . 3/8/2013
Are any of these people gonna come back? Arnie? Elmira? Aeneus? The Numbers (as I have dubbed then)? Granted, I think this story is finished so I'll find out in due time, but I'm still curious.
Hannah chapter 15 . 3/8/2013
I can practically feel the couples formulating… and even if I'm wrong, their friendships are fun.
Hannah chapter 8 . 3/8/2013
Callista just keeps losing people, doesn't she.
Elated Admirer chapter 7 . 1/8/2013
I must say before I head off to bed, that this story is absolutely delightful. I searched through countless pages to find exactly this sort of story. An innocent, creative, exciting, and enchanting adventure! I just recently read William Joyce's "Guardians" series and was mystified by it. Over the years, my passion for reading seems to have grown more and more dim. I blame this mostly on the nature of popular literature these days. In certain genres, every story seems the same with slightly different details. Only by reading children's books have I rediscovered the magic I used to enjoy, the fantasy worlds, and the characters who are not obsessed with some smoldering romance, but the actual adventure around them!

I know this is turning into a spiel, but I just want to thank you. Your story has that child-like magic to it. Reading this, my heart is filled with the same wonder and ticklish joy I used to feel whenever I used to pick up a good book. Your style is beautifully detailed, humorous, and enchanting. I love how each of your characters are independent and quirky in their own ways. Thank you so much for sharing this world with us. If this ever becomes a published work, I would buy it in an instant and keep it close to me for the rest of my life. I will continue reading on tomorrow.
Until then,
An Impassioned Reviewer
Nerumi H chapter 20 . 1/8/2013
The Mayor and Simon. Absolute favourite characters. I just keep seeing Mayor with that wacky dancing mustache like Ingo from Legend of Zelda and its hilarious.
Nerumi H chapter 17 . 1/4/2013
Those strange bird things...they sound the absolute cutest!

I love how the action never stops in this story, yet you still manage to bring us character conflicts and some development. I get pretty easily bored with stories but in this there's something new (and someONE new) every chapter!

Speaking of 'someone's, I've suddenly got this soft spot for Simon, after that little bit with him waking up off the ground. He's pretty funny, not too mention I feel so bad for him, just left alone. I hope he's not a bad guy and I hope we won't lose him soon!
Shadowedzone chapter 40 . 1/2/2013
Loved the ending, it certainly got me excited for the sequel. Also, is this curse like a power dampener, or is it more of a classic "you can't use magic without dieing" sort of thing? Keep up the good work (And if you start a career as a writer, tell me).
The Imaginatrix chapter 39 . 1/2/2013
Cliffhanger! Felt's mother is alive! Who is she? What is she? Is this curse on Thea, or Felt, or somebody else? And why did Felt's dad have to REALLY be DEAD?! *sniffles*

Better take this off my alerts list now, I suppose. I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT for the sequel. I'm sure it will be a good one.

Nerumi H chapter 15 . 1/1/2013
Whew! Back from the holidays and back to this story :) It's a nice before-bed type of read, just the right length of chapter and all the fairy tale qualities and such.

I don't believe I mentioned how much I like the idea of those 17 sisters. And how much I just like /them/. I really do hope they come back because they were just plain cool! And they created some Thea - Felt tension, which I am also loving With all the banter I see them as very brother-sister-like, especially with how they grew up with pretty much only each other, but some romance doesn't displease me either. Whatever direction you want to steer this in-or, have steered this in, considering how far behind I am.

Amazing and imaginative as always! On to the next few chapters! Or maybe some sleep, hmm...
The Imaginatrix chapter 38 . 12/29/2012
Well, here I am at the end again. And I got here without skimming. Much. *looks slightly guilty*

I must say, I love this story. It could easily be enjoyed by children, but that doesn't mean it isn't awesome.

I hope Thea and her father can get Guneer straightened out, and that she doesn't have to marry Cucumbus, because it's obvious Felt would be a much better match for her. I also hope you can find someone for one of the seventeen daughters to marry. And I wonder what Echlys's big secret is, because she's been acting kinda weird from the start.

Wow. I can see why writing a sequel will be easy for you, 'cause you've got loads of loose ends to tie up. xD

Can't wait for that last chapter! Hope there's some answers in there!

*sniffles* It's almost OOOOOVEEEEERRRRR!

Searchingformyheart chapter 38 . 12/29/2012
Hmm. Weird, 'cause I thought I had read this chapter, but it turns out I haven't, so sorry for the late review. :D I love how even as they were floating away, the sisters were all still organized by age xD And I'm so glad that Thea and the king were reunited! :') And what is Felt going to ask his father? :O and you go, King Reichstein! Choose your brother over your pink-haired mother! Yeah! (This is probably not setting a good example for young kids.) xD Anyways, update soon! And then we can get going on that sequel :D
The Imaginatrix chapter 19 . 12/28/2012
Well, I had some time to kill today, so I thought I'd read this story properly, or at least start to. And here I am at the current halfway point. YAY!

You're a very clever writer, especially since this was born one night as a bedtime story you told yourself. Your characters are also quite wonderful. I loved the Seventeen Daughters, and Calista, and I like Simon because he's practically blind and I'm totally blind, but that doesn't mean I don't like other characters so far. These are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head at the moment.

Like I said in the PM, I skimmed this story already, so I kinda know what happens later, but it's still really interesting filling in the blanks I left for myself. I'll finish reading this later, but for now, halfway is good enough for me.

Shadowedzone chapter 38 . 12/28/2012
Yay! But what happened to Thelma? I know she didn't die, simply because she wouldn't kill herself (unless it was an overload of magic?). And sorry about reviewing late, I didn't expect another chapter till today.
75 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »