Reviews for The Garden
StripesOnAMoon chapter 1 . 1/16
This story literally had me saying the words I love to hear myself say after reading any work- "Oh. My. God." The amount of symbolism, the way it is written, and the very bravery needed to cover such a subject is simply amazing. My jaw dropped. Which is so much more than any story I've read lately could've done. You've got some real talent here. Keep your bravery needed to cover such dark, twisted, heart wrenching, and very real situations. So very few people possess it.

-Stripes
sapphireshadow15 chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
I cannot believe how amazing that was. Only you can make me gawk at the computer screen like some idiot in delighted disbelief.

I loved the calm little girl in the beginning, the loneliness as she entertained herself by dissembling insects. Slicing the cat and aborting the kitten was so heart wrenching. I couldn't stop reading.

Then, her loneliness seems to ease when she happens upon this boy she calls "Snail". I thought happiness would come.

In a sexual sense, it did perhaps. I didn't expect that.

Then Snail turns his back on god.

And she didn't call him Snail for nothing-snails have no arms, after all.

But then, a life begins to grow inside her in a turn of twisted irony. A sin she had once scoffed at becomes her reality.

I just love the dark energy of this story.

This was so breathtaking. Thank you for posting this, Pulsie.

Happy writing, friend
-sapphire
VelvetyCheerio chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Okay, everything about this piece was horrifying. XD But I loved the poetic set up! It made it easy to read, and so much more engaging.

I like how the girl was "nothing extraordinary". It made her seem all the more sinister, especially after learning of her awful deed with the cat. Poor kitty! D: You know that's how those psychopaths, start, though.

Really, the prose is great. I love the writing in this piece, the emotion and the imagery. It all adds up to something fantastic and scary. I really enjoyed reading this. The ending makes me wonder if Slug will be the next victim. Hopefully not.

Velvet.