Reviews for Midnight Moon
MagicWords chapter 23 . 5/9/2013
You have developed your characters so well. By the end, they are all different people. I love that about this story.

Your description of Luna's clearing was so mystifying and beautiful. I'm so glad you delve into this explanation and fill the missing holes. I might add having Luna explain Daniel's trust issue, seeing as that was his number 1 problem.

I also liked the description of Emory's glow. I can picture it so well. And now our three heroes are reunited. Ah, bliss!
MagicWords chapter 22 . 5/9/2013
Oh my goodness, I can hardly breathe!

OK, I LOVED Aaron's addition! Thank you for thanking him! It is hard being the third wheel, and without Aaron, Em and Daniel would have failed a long time ago. He deserves gratification. I like how he remains humble though. He knows he is not royal or magical, but his intelligence is his gift, and that gift is often overlooked next to Daniel's destiny and Em's powers. I'm so glad he was recognized. It made my heart sort of swell with happiness!

And you really edited the healing scene nicely. The rising anticipation to where Em either lives or dies even had me on the edge of my seat, and I know what happens! The pain and heart-break is just too much for me to bear!

Oh, and I still love how Aaron thinks the maze would be fun, if not for their dire situation. :D
MagicWords chapter 21 . 5/8/2013
The suspense! The torture! The feels!

Once again, you have me gripping my desk, lest I fall out of my chair!

I love the sing-songy torture Virtus uses against Daniel. Whether he believes it or not, his heart is breakable, and words tend to do him in. And his anger causes him to lash out and do unpredictable things!

And Em needs to fix it because they have to be together and kiss and laugh and cry and make moon-child babies (ok, wow, obviously I am freaking out here)!

You add tons of suspense in this, and I love it!
FantasyWriterGirl101 chapter 24 . 5/8/2013
I found this story yesterday, and it is quite amazing. I love the way you ended this. Just...amazing. If you wanted to make a sequel (hint hint wink wink nudge nudge), you totally could. I practically have chills right now. I probably sound like an idiot. Let's just leave this review at that. Awesome job!
MagicWords chapter 20 . 5/8/2013
So intense! I just feel all my old MM feelings flooding back to me and I am so excited.

OK, my heart just soared with this line: A daredevil grin crossed Daniel's lips. It reminded Emory of the night she had first met Aaron, and they had agreed to fight against the world together. "I wouldn't have it any other way, my friend. Give the signal."

So epic! I can just imagine this grin and the feeling of impending danger! So great!

The owl is new, but I loved this addition! I want to scream at Em not to go, but because I know everything ends up ok, I feel better about this.

Virtus is so chilling. And Daniel and Aaron are separated! It makes me sad when they lose one another. It's like tearing apart the most epic bromance of all time!
MagicWords chapter 19 . 5/7/2013
Nothing good ever happens when rage flashes through Daniel's eyes!

I loved this scene! You build the intensity quite well. I can just picture myself as Em, tugging on Daniel's sleeve and begging him to do something! Then he snaps out of his reverie and all hell breaks loose!

And I know what's coming!

Ok, but the way you describe Acraluna is so beautiful. It is right up there with Alicante and Hogwarts for me. Seriously, it is a fictional place I want to visit! :) I still love that name: Acraluna. So fitting.

So yeah, um, update pronto. Because I'm dying for a certain someone to return, as well as for your giant ending!
MagicWords chapter 18 . 5/7/2013
Chilling! I love how you set this up: all the pieces are in position and now it's time to play!

Gosh, Virtus is the best! I cannot wait for the following scenes!

And Aaron and Larry hold a great conversation. Aaron's whole personality is nicely summed up in this chapter. I love him :)

MUST READ MORE BUT I CAN'T! Update soon!
Nagwam chapter 16 . 5/5/2013
Wow. Just wow. I'm actually crying. Real tears.

This is a poignant aspect of depression, and probably the most powerful too.

Now we know the source of Daniel's suffering. I hope he learns to put this behind him now.
Nagwam chapter 15 . 5/5/2013
Oh noes! Through the looking glass!

This is a wonderful concept, of which Emily Rhodda would be proud.

I really, REALLY want to know what Daniel's so scared of about himself :D
Nagwam chapter 14 . 5/5/2013
Wow, a lot of stuff was put forth in this chapter. A demon? Creepy.

What interests me is the mentioning of spirits, specifically the moon spirit. Larissa refers to the moon spirit as 'him' and 'he'. Anthropomorphising these strange forces as though they were people. It makes me wonder if perhaps Larissa KNOWS that the moon spirit exists as a 'he', or if she's saying it like that as though it's her impression of things. I wonder if we get to find out.

However, the point I'm trying to make here is: you're awesome. This story is growing now.
Nagwam chapter 13 . 5/5/2013
I like the bonding between Emory and Daniel in this chapter. It's the first time that they're together as friends without distraction. And Daniel's heart of gold behind a face of stone is just precious.

I also like the possible foreshadowing of the 'awakening' of Emory's spirituality, through her awareness of the forest and life in it.
MagicWords chapter 17 . 5/4/2013
I am seriously so excited for the next part! Now they have everything they need, and soon Aaron returns and oh my goodness, this is just wonderful!

I love everything about this story! I hope the editing goes well for Part 5! I cannot wait to read it!
MagicWords chapter 16 . 5/4/2013
Wow, Jess...

This was great!

First off, I loved Em listing off Dan's possible weaknesses. Great comic relief. Then the darkness, and Dan comforting her. Goodness, the feels flipped my stomach. And the end...is that new? The trust bit? I remember that was his weakness, but I don't remember if you included this bit originally. It rocked! I only thought there could be a little bit more reluctance at Dan's part toward then end, but other than that, golden!
MagicWords chapter 15 . 5/4/2013
Yes, go Em! Right on! You just punch him till he's nice to you! Whew, I love her strength!

I loved these scenes. Dan's raw skepticism leaks from his tough exterior, and it makes me giggle. I love how Em figures out what to do, too. Though Dan is big and tough, he needs sweet little Emory to lead him sometimes. Awwwwwww :)
MagicWords chapter 14 . 5/4/2013
I, too, love the sibling arguments between Dan and his sisters. It is so funny!

I love Dan's line: "Not yet," Daniel said. "And he has the nerve to call me a coward! At least, I'm operating on my own strength! …okay, I'm done."

Haha, he can be immature, but it is so cute! I also loved the tension at the end with the bed. Gosh, I would love to read a snuggle scene between them. Weird, I know, but wouldn't that just be cute?
157 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »