Reviews for Dilemma
Ophelia Schmit chapter 5 . 9/16/2012
Okay, if this diary helps you, you go. If anybody's going to act stupid over this serious business, they're stupid. That's all I have to say on that part.

Oh, people have an ideal man/woman in mind. Most of humanity will never find that idealistic person, but many times they settle with what they have. Sometimes people will search the world their whole lives for it. We can't help but have a dream person. But this dream guy going through my mind makes me only close-minded, so I shake him off.

And, really, looks shouldn't matter. Money shouldn't matter. What matters is if he makes you happy and he has a good personality. You've probably heard of this a million times but if I need to repeat this to somebody another million times I will. I understand how much you'd want a boy with a nice smile and clear skin, but who cares. Looks are only the icing on the cake.

Ophelia Schmit chapter 3 . 9/16/2012
Honestly, you're in trouble if you immediately act upon your predicament. Many people, one person being me, sometimes answer right away and it's just a mess. Just take a day off for yourself alone. When I think of plots, I usually get the best ones being left alone, walking. And go to a place where you love to go, like Barnes and Noble or the park or the beach. When you've finally pondered the ideas thoroughly and are calm again, answer. Love does suck but there's no way of avoiding it. Freaking out over it won't help you a bit, either.

Ophelia Schmit chapter 2 . 9/16/2012
Hey, there, it's me again!

You were hilarious at parts, serious at parts. I like people who knows when it's okay to be funny and when it's okay to be serious.

I'm listening. We all need somebody to lean on, don't we?

Ophelia Schmit chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Hello. I see you're in quite a tight space! Let me help:

I think that, first of all, you have a good self-esteem. That's good, because you need that. Some boys will try to knock you down, but the better the self-esteem, the less chance of breaking.

Now, onto the main part. People say 'love has no boundaries'. It's true. If he's nice, great. You're already on the right track. And if you love him, you shouldn't care if he's atheist. If he loves you, he shouldn't care if you're Christian.

Frances Odair chapter 3 . 7/23/2012
...I didn't get this, though it WAS good. Anyway, advice... Yeah, um, teenage girl, just say your 'not ready for a serious relationship yet, maybe some time in the future?'. I suck at agony aunt type stuff. Wait - oh yeah, I kinda like this diary thing, I'll be checking for more in the future.
YellowWomanontheBrink chapter 3 . 7/12/2012
Listen, I have one word for you: RELAX!
I understand you are worried about this sort of thing, but chances are your overthinking it a bit. You really should have waited til college to date, but hey, what's done is done
Go see the Katy Perry movie; Eben if your boyfriend isn't into it your friend and the two other boys (even if they like you) should be able to get the message that the excursion is mot romantic. Try to plan another outing with him and just be honest withyour parents. Don't worry bout it too much, mmm?
Guest chapter 3 . 7/9/2012
Ask yourself some questions:
1. Do Guys 1 and 2 LIKE like you or do they just see you as someone that could be a good female friend?

2. You said you like Ted. What qualities does he possess that you like? Which ones do you not like?

3. Are you able to tolerate the things you dont like about Ted?

4. One of the most important questions: would your parents approve of Ted even as a friend?

5. Another important question: Does Ted believe in God?

6. Do you feel any spark when you are near Ted?

If you are still unsure, pray. God has a plan for you and he will let you know if Ted is the right one for you.
Ted
Guest chapter 2 . 7/9/2012
I feel like that too! Im glad that theres someone else like me!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
You said you were a Chrisitian and that its going to be a problem if your boyfriend doesnt believe in God. So I suggest start with yourself: are you ready for the commitment? And if you arent sure, talk with your mom or an older sister(if you have one) or someone from your church that you trust. If you believe you are ready for a relationship,then i suggest starting at your church,since your boyfriend being a fellow believer is a huge priority. Are there any guys your age at your church? If so, get to know them.
Suna chapter 3 . 7/9/2012
I think you're too focused about what each one can offer you right now.

It's true you want the perfect guy for you and so forth but say even a failed relationship will always teach you something. Something about things you want next time, or don't like or even things you didn't think you'd like doing but you find out you did.

Relationships will not decide your future. It's rare to date one guy and have him for the rest of your life but it is possible in that sense too. The religion guy for instance, you really liked him but the fact he doesn't believe bothers you. But you have said nothing about what he would actually do. It seems he's really interested and he wouldnt stop you from believing. So long as he doesn't try to make you stop your beliefs, it would be fine wouldn't it? It may be weird but it should be alright.

Another note to your mother being worried about you dating. Parents always worry, its up to you to decide and figure out when its reasonable and when its irrational. And always keep in mind if you ever want to get serious, sex is rarely planned, so be careful because even if you think it might happen, it normally is just swept away in too awesomes of emotions and stuff happens.
Don't let these decisions rule you, think of them as possibilities, but always know when there is negative, there is positive. People may surprise you. Who knows, it might be worth a shot. Don't rush into anything, but I really do say, keep in mind, people do change, they learn and discover new things, this might be a chance for you to do the same
Abbytjie chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Personally, I think it can only end bad. Unless he honestly and truly accepts Jesus, a relationship won't work out. I've had a similar experience with someone who showered me in compliments, and I kept on insisting to go out with me even though I wasn't ready for someone. Eventually I caved and we went out, but it didn't work out because if he didn't respect me enough to accept my decision not to date him, so I shouldn't have expected him to respect me enough to keep his promises or be honest with me (he wasn't). So my advice is: compliments and a guy who treats you as the only girl in the world will only go so far. Stay friends with him, but if he insists on going out tell him it isn't an option and he has two choices: friendship or nothing.
Besides, if you stay friends with him when he obviously wants more everyone is going to label you as the bad guy, especially if you eventually date and you have to dump him (speaking from personal experience). So anyways, that's my advice. You can choose to accept or reject it. Hope it helps.