Reviews for Self Proclaimed Messiah
sapere chapter 4 . 8/1/2012
I loe this story! Bo is awesome! ILm so glad you're reposting this... I love your writing :)
lunasea chapter 4 . 7/27/2012
I love it.
JHeartbreak chapter 4 . 7/27/2012
Yes! I like it. I like it a lot. The angst is good. The fraught relationships. The burning. I like it.

Carlton appears as a fully fledged character now - before he was a little sketched in, if you know what I mean. And I think we are seeing Bo as dysfunctional too, which I like.

To be honest, I was like, this is so unrealistic. He could just take him to the hospital. Then I was like... oh yeah... America. The health care thing. I guess you have it now? Maybe? But not in 2003 anyways.
JHeartbreak chapter 3 . 7/24/2012
I like this chapter, I feel like we're sinking into the characters more. I still sense that Bo is acting a bit too together... in the sense that, he must have mountains of unmet emotional needs pressing on him.

Also, I can't wait for the luuuuurve. I know. I'm a sap.

I kind of don't like Carlton, but I don't mean that as anything against your writing. I think he's meant to be a cipher, even if we know what's going on at home. Well, what a life we lead...
Nock chapter 3 . 7/24/2012
The memory I had of it are a bit faded so even though the events are familiar, they're not too much. And it's worth it :-). I mean, usually, I don't even read a story twice. Yours I do. Or, at least, Pony (even 6 or 7 times) and this one. I think it's so because your writing still is raw. It's going to the core of the emotions. There's no cushioning-description. No monologue about what they think. Nonetheless, it's more powerful.

So... Thank you :-) For writing this. For re-writing this. For letting us read it.
Skyless11 chapter 3 . 7/24/2012
oki, I loved the ending. Definitely.
I really feel sorry for Carlton... seriously :( And I'm still amazed at how Bo can be so string despite their situation ain't that different...

I didn't quite understand what happened with Bo's family? His mother remarried and had other kids? And is she still around?

Well.. I'm probably getting ahead of myself...

Great Job! And keep it up
Cheers!
MistressELEMENT chapter 3 . 7/23/2012
yess. i love this.
can't wait for more :)
-E
MistressELEMENT chapter 2 . 7/19/2012
too lazy to long in. i think i read this before..
but seeing as i'm not sure i'm more than glad to read it now.
this is pretty great so far. i've gotta say, i love Bo,
and i look forward to more of this.
nice to read more from you xan, thanks for sharing! - E
JHeartbreak chapter 2 . 7/17/2012
Carlton - named after the character in "Fresh Prince"?

I like this chapter. I like a lot of the things I liked about the last chapter. Carlton's character feels like it has a bit of pity-mongering to it; not a whole lot, but I still sense it. That his character has been made over-the-top pathetic and downtrodden - impoverished, abused, bullied, probably more things. Not that this stuff doesn't really happen in life but that it hasn't been adequately synthesized into his emotions. They feel like tags or labels right now, rather than aspects of his psychic/emotional makeup.

I hope Bo isn't just a do-gooder - I'd like him to be. Effed. Up. You know, trauma, etc.

I think you'll be bemused to know that I've reached a decision around what I, me, what I think your gender is (although gender being a social construction yadda yadda). Once you said you didn't want to say you were male because you'd be a curiosity, a novelty, something like that, and you didn't want to say you were female because then you'd be a cliche. But, with something like 90 or 95 percent of the slash readers/writers on FP being female, its not so much a cliche - in the sense that, who could accuse you of being a cliche but cliches themselves? But the possibility of being seen as 'different' would genuinely be a problem, although I doubt it would be a good one. Or maybe you have some kind of deadly secret? Anyways, this is me saying that I think you have male genitals, tentatively (me, not the genitals.)
Annie Jane chapter 2 . 7/15/2012
Ahhhh another update! Awesome! And another review, I'm on a role. Anyway, just going to be a uick this is amazing, you are amazing and I love that Bo was in this chapter - I can tell I'm going to love him already :)
And that's it. I'll do another larger review on the next chapter.

Annie :)
Skyless11 chapter 2 . 7/15/2012
awwwwwwwwww :( I feel so sorry for Carl QQ Just like Bo he lives a very harsh life... so they might be able to understand each other. I really can't wait to see how it develops! And grrrr! at his mother and asshole schoolmates!

On another hand, I'm glad to see Bo all grown up and manly xD Yes, he was very manly in protecting Carl like that. I'm actually really curious about how he is living now. And what happened the previous 3 years. But this we'll probably see next chapter, right? :D I hope he lives a much more positive life now :D just like his character

and hahahahaha :)) I laughed at his threaten "I'll take a bat to your godddamned face" xD Rings some bells hahaha :))

Well. Cheers and waiting for the next chapter!
Sky
JHeartbreak chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
This is amazing. What is it that gets me? The profusion of sensual detail, the lived-in decrepitude of the lives shown growing and glowing because they are the details of people living their lives. The psychological drama of hurting and healing (mostly hurting right now) done without sentimentality but with compassion. The grit of sex and masculinity, even here. This is perfectly self contained, but it makes me crave the next segment even more: what kind of person would Bo become, growing up like this?
Rogue Energizer Bunny chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
WOAH!

I love it. Update!
Annie Jane chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
You're back! And it seems, dramatic as ever! I can't wait for the next update, know that everyone always says that, but you should know that it is the truth, It's painful to read a chapter and then to be left hanging wondering just what will happen next, and you my good (wo)man(?) are amazing at leaving people hanging there waiting in anticipation.

Anyway, I'd better say something more constructive or something... I love this so far, there is so much detail and the grammar and all that is great as well! The characters and very believable and the story is setting itself - and the reader - to experience greatness. I know this isn't really making sense - I'm pretty much dead tired. But I thought that I had better write a review (I admit that it has been too long since I wrote my last...) and tell you that you are amazing and I love that you're back - would it be weird if I said I love you? Yeah, I know. It would... Sorry? - I look forward to reading the next chapter!

Annie :)
Nock chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
I liked the older version so I'm looking forwards to see the changes :-)
Good luck with the writing
32 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »