Reviews for Finding Jade
MusicGurl8129 chapter 21 . 15h ago
The story was lovely, characters, writing and all. But there was only thing that really bothered me, I wish Mason & Jade were a little more developed before saying they loved each other. I wish we could of see them have a fun time together, before (aside from) all the emotional stuff. I just wanted to see more of a connection between them. I wanted to see the roots of their blooming tree of love (that's a cheesy thing to say, but that's kind of how I see it.) That's all that bothered me, because honestly otherwise I really liked your story, heartbreaking and all.
I will be sure to check out your sequel :) Good luck.
uncagethenight chapter 1 . 3/9
I'm rereading this, by the way. If you care.
Stefani.Lyn.M chapter 21 . 2/8
Hi Clary!
First time reading your work, and I have to say, you have a way allowing your readers to physically feel what the other characters are feeling! Gosh, so many time I really felt as if I were in the shoes of Mason and Jade themselves, it was quite scary but also wonderful! But I do have to say that I had my reservations for this story at the beginning. Mason just didn't really connect with me in the first couple of chapters, and the plot seemed a little shaky. I would have definitely liked to see more in terms of the other characters (such as Mason's family, and Taylor, Adrian, etc.) and I think developing a stronger connection with them would really add more to the story in my opinion. Also, I found the descriptions of the various character to be repetitive. As a reader, I would have liked to see something personal of each character that makes them stand out from the others, rather than just knowing they were all handsomely good looking-which I don't mind at all ;). But I really want to emphasize on the voice of the story itself. It was so tragically beautiful and heartbreaking, but Mason really shined in the end! I don't think I've ever read a story and have been able to feel such love one character had for another. I saw Jade in the eyes of Mason as something so beautiful with all of his faults, pain and overall redeeming qualities even though he didn't see them in himself. You are truly a wonderful writer who is able to capture the complexity of human emotion and craft it into something irresistible. I really think you are a wonderful person as well as a writer. Thank you for this story and I wish you luck in anything you wish the pursue!
InsanityAndBeyond chapter 21 . 2/8
ooh a new one? As in a sequel? because that would be fantastic, their relationship still has a lot of potential growth and/or hurdles to keep it fresh and interesting.
Spades chapter 21 . 2/4
I cried like 12 times reading this it was so good you are a beautiful human being
nessmith58 chapter 1 . 1/9
Really liked this fiction! Can't wait to read more of your stuff!
uncagethenight chapter 20 . 11/7/2014
Weeeell, I finished it, and now I'm going to go curl up in a ball and cry because it was so beautiful. Thanks.
uncagethenight chapter 16 . 11/7/2014
... *no* ...

oH goD I'm dYIng and iN paIN so MuCh feELs tHis sTOrY is sO GoOD and SAd.

*slow down satan*

*this is john green caliber*
uncagethenight chapter 11 . 11/6/2014
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I just wanna fangirl. I just...I wanna fangirl, but I can't because people will see. I LOVE JADE SO MUCH, LIKE I JUST FIND MYSELF RANDOMLY THINKING ABOUT THIS CHARACTER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY IT'S SO STRANGE, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?
uncagethenight chapter 6 . 11/5/2014
Hey can you Private Message me the link to a picture of what Jade looks like, because in my mind he's like one of those fictional characters that everyone falls in love with. You should publish this. It's amazing. OMG. I am literally in love with this character. Oh my god.
uncagethenight chapter 4 . 11/5/2014
pretty sure *I* have jade-love
ReaderWriter2000 chapter 20 . 10/13/2014
I am sorry it took so long for me to find you! I know you normally update quickly so I had to do a little online searching cause it was buried back in Oct 7 updates...Ahem...
I loved this epilogue. I loved it for its obvious reasons and I loved the little moments as well. Mason's palpable excitement going to see Jade, Jade's beanie and hipster-ness, and Mason reminding him that he loved him and putting Jade first when he was freaked. It was all so adorable and I am glad I got to see the story through from a writer who successfully combined lengthy chapters with awesome characters. Thank you so much for the sassiness, Mason's cluelessness,and the ups-and-downs that turned into Finding Jade. It was fan-freaking-tastic!
mgmtlover18 chapter 20 . 10/10/2014
This story is amazing!
InsanityAndBeyond chapter 20 . 10/8/2014
ok.. my thoughts in a jumbled mess!
At first I admit I was following the story because it intrigued me but I didn't think I would like it as much as I ended up doing. Just the all-gays school seemed unrealistic as well as everyone loving Jade and Jade seemed to have too many issues including self harming etc where I felt I didn't really like him enough to be able to get into the story.
However I really liked Mason's character so I kept on reading and I'm really glad I did. The story definitely picked up steam the longer it went on and the characters became a lot more fleshed out. You had a lot of supporting characters with their own relationships and somehow managed to make them all have little individual stories without it getting confusing, which was great.
Jade and Mason's relationship really progressed which was great, and in a very natural way. I could really identify with Mason's emotions, and how he loved but hated Jade at times seemed really genuine. Jade self-discovery and maturing of character was great too.
I also loved the fact they took the physical side to their relationship so slow, because it matched with Jade's insecurities and trauma and showed Mason was different to everyone else in love with Jade shallowly.

Random note : I have no idea if you're even interested in doing this but one-shots skipping time or showing random silly moments or progressions in their relationship etc would be so great as the story's over but there's also potentially a lot more that could could be done with the characters or relationship.

All in all a very enjoyable read so thank you :)
Thanks also for the frequent updates.
ReaderWriter2000 chapter 19 . 10/6/2014
Ahhhh! All the love! I was wondering if I was going to get a sad ending to the chapter and I was sooooo happy I didn't. I can't wait for the epilogue! Oodles of review for you then good writer. I am toning it down slightly for the big finale. :D
44 | Page 1 .. Last Next »