Reviews for The Boy Who Blinked
SunsetSprite chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
I shall remember this story, it actually had effect on my mind a little.
Awesome job!
Felrain chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
This is fantastic! It was so clear and fluent too. Ya, childhood is great and should be lived to the fullest.
NoBetterWordsthanYourOwn chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
Wow. I like this, it has a really good moral and you wrote in a way that's really leaves an impact.
Mistakes-and-Memories chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
This poem is great! I love it! It really makes me appreciate life!
gravind divine chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
This is amazing! Gotta remeber this next time! ;) good job, darling!
AppleCrumble chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
This is really good. Amazing for a first attempt! I loved how the rhyming carried the poem through! Nice work, keep writing :-D
AdorableMe chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Wow, for a first attempt, that was great. It so did not suck, you need to have more confidence in yourself. If this is how you start out, you're not far from being a published author with your own book! ;) Sunny
Who Is This Girl Anyway chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
I think this was actually quite a good first attempt. It took me back to the Hillaire Belloc poems I used to read, which use the same structure of couplets.

There was the odd moment where the poem dragged a bit, but overall I liked this. Keep going. :)

Katie.
DefineBeauty chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
I love this! It's a wonderful story, and it's so so true. All I wanted as a child was to grow up. Now that I'm 21, I want to be young again and live it to the fullest. But unfortunately, as you put so well in this piece, life doesn't work that way.

There were a couple things that caught my attention though. For example, there are some lines that tend to stumble upon themselves and not flow too well.

(Filled with regret, the man wished to be a child again,

To be eight years old and have a future ahead of him,)

There's too many words, and it ruins the flow of the piece. Also, "deffinately" should be "definitely".

But as a first poem, this is really amazing! Wonderful job and keep on writing ]
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Hey I think you have a good story in this! A few lines read a bit awkwardy in regards to rhythm, but that was only because I think you were trying to match the rhyme.

If this is your first attempt - super well done! I am impressed.

Keep at it!