Reviews for Peace of Mind
dark-fire-rebel chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
I liked it a lot. The imagery you used definitely sets the correct tone that goes along with your title, creating that environment of 'peace'. Also, "And as they allow nothing,/to disrupt my contentment within;/the storm rages violently,/but the dark clouds don't get in," those lines were favorite, the rhyming gives those lines a very smooth flow. Overall, I loved it!
The Autumn Queen chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
I found one I haven't reviewed before. :) Now why was that so difficult?

[be still, have peace, be calm again.] - I love that line. It has awesome rhythm. And the pauses were perfect too.

For the most part, I like the rhythm of this entire piece - it works quite well. I do think though you've used hard and soft sounds a little ineffectively. "disrupt" and "contentment" in the same line don't work so well because the softness of "contentment" is a little too defined and too long. "joy" would have been better, the "j" is a tad softer than the "c" and the overall word/sound is smaller as well. "overshadow" I think is too soft, perhaps "overcast" since we've got other weather elements, that kind of thing. That's just my nitprick for the day.

Otherwise, clever title, metaphors and nice writing.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
I liked how you opened with the image of rushing water. Symbolically it’s very strong as a picture but I also really like the mood and emotion that it suggests. It makes me think of all other sounds drowned out, and currents and chaos.

I also liked the subtle rhyming aspects that you used in the poem, but I feel like the overall message of the poem is a bit vague. You utilize a lot of images and motifs but I find myself unclear of what the nature of the piece was about and what/if the resolution was at the end. You don’t need a “resolution” to make the poem work, but I feel like it ended abruptly, and even after re-reading I’m still unclear. I kind of feel like you present the reader with a very nice image in the beginning but then don’t follow through to the end.

Juliet.
Eirien chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Oh, I thought I was logged in, the new FP is confusing... So, that last review was from me. ;-)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Beautiful imagery, the "living water" whispering peace. Gripping contrast between outer storms and inner quiet.
Natari Mirumura chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
Extremaly beautiful. Your poetry have unique pulls to them, that I just can't seem to stop finding fascinating. Splendid job, keep it up :D
catching.my.breath chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
Ooh, how I would love to write like this! Great job. x)
tater22 chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Oops I accidently put that last review as guest my bad
Guest chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Wow. That was so descriptive and so well put together, you don't even have to review back. That was a treat to read, thank you