Reviews for Kathryn's Love
fictionluvr chapter 4 . 8/10/2012
Poor Kathryn :( I'm sure her vows will be harder to keep than she could ever imagine, but will be worth it in the end. :)
Mercyette chapter 4 . 8/10/2012
This review is part of the Review Game's Review Marathon. Check us out, there's a link in my profile!

Though he can be a little bit of a jerk, I really find myself sypmathizing with Luke. I love the passages where he remembers his wife fondly. Apparently there was a great amount of love between the two. I hope you manage to go into further detail in later chapters.

I also loved the tension between Luke and Katheryn during the end of the ceremony. I was wondering what was going to happen when they got to "you may kiss the bride." Hopefully he'll manage to open up pretty soon. Otherwise it'll be a very awkward first night of marriage. XD

One thing I DO want to knit-pick about: why didn't they let her get some of the dirt and grime off before going to the wedding? Poor Katheryn, lol.

Make sure you update soon!
Mercyette chapter 3 . 8/10/2012
Again I have to praise you on your attention to detail. I especially liked the paragraph where you described Luke's appearance through Katheryn's musings. Lol, that must have been a rather awkward buggy ride, trying not to catch each other's eye. I also like how Luke has all these great personality traits (I mean, he loved his wide so much he doesn't want to remarry) but have him easily fall back into his pouty, little brother spatz as well. Very amusing.

I do have one qualm, though. Or rather question. How much education did Katheryn get growing up? Back in the day, women were typically frowned upon if they had too much schooling. (Kinda like in A Bride Most Begruding, where the MC knew math and people thought it a bad omen.) Would Luke be too fond of both his future wife and daughter learning math? I understand that counting is a bit of a necessity, but it leaves me to wonder if Kathryn is a bit more well-read than she ought to be given the time. I dunno, I just thought I'd bring it up in case you wanted to do some more research concerning it.

As alway, I loved the chapter. Reading on!
Mercyette chapter 2 . 8/10/2012
This Review is for the Review Game's Review Marathon! Check us out, there's a link in my profile!

As always, I love the detail you put into your writing. You managed to describe the surrounding countryside beautifully, especially concerning the foliage. You have a great eye for such things.

Luke is also a very interesting character. Although we only get to see him as aloof and, well, kinda mean in this chapter, I can tell we're going to be able to learn quite a bit about him in future chapters. Even though you've just met him, you've managed to set him up as a strong character; I like that, as you usually don't find that on this site. I'm really interested in the relationship he had with his previous wife, too. He must have loved her dearly if he's so dead set against remarrying, especially considering the time and place the story takes place in. Most men then probably remarried in a hurry, particularly out of convenience - similar to the one you've sat up.

I can't wait to read more about Kathryn and Luke!
funnechick chapter 4 . 8/10/2012
Yay, a bath is in her future! Haha. Well, hopefully Grace will be able to make this situation better for Kathryn. I also hope Kathryn will help Luke to fully love and appreciate his daughter, not in spite of her resemblance to Mary, but because of it.
Mercyette chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
I always know I can look forward to a good historical when I see your name on the screen. Once again, you've delivered a great start to a story that seemed to have quite a bit of promise. It reminds me a lot of what Deeanne Gist would write. Your description in the story was great and the dialogue was quite believable, given the time. Keep up the great work!
Fictionluvr chapter 3 . 8/6/2012
Fictionluvr chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
I am rarely on here anymore, but just decided to check to see if there was anything new that looked interesting. So excited to see you writing a new story! :)
freedomnova chapter 3 . 8/6/2012
I love this story can't wait for you to continue.
matticoon chapter 3 . 8/6/2012
O muuh gosh I love the story please update soon!
matticoon chapter 2 . 8/6/2012
Whoa! Talk about anger issues love the story don't stop its so cool I feel like I'm with the characters
funnechick chapter 3 . 8/3/2012
Aww, absolutely love Grace. She is too precious!

This might be vain on my part, but I do wish they could have at least let Kathryn clean up before going to the church and getting married. It's bad enough that she has to marry a man she's never met before (who already despises her), but also with the feeling of two months' filth caked on her body as well.

Hmm...it was very interesting to note that she found him so handsome. Makes me think Kathryn will be falling in love much more quickly than he, especially with his wife constantly on his mind.

Can't wait to read the next chapter!
anony chapter 3 . 8/3/2012
again, it's wonderful. please do continue with the story!
Guest chapter 3 . 8/2/2012
Great update! I'm really enjoying this story and I am looking forward to seeing what happens. I love Grace she is to cute!
anonym chapter 2 . 7/30/2012
it's lovely! please do continue, i can't wait to read the next chapter!
56 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »