Reviews for Obsession
ThornlessRose chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
This is really good, and hits the nail on the head. I'm almost 100% sure that I have OCD, but (like so many other people) lived a life without knowing that I did specific patterns. As far as I know it hasn't ruined my life yet, but I'm still discovring things about it. I wrote a poem about OCD, maybe you would like to read it? Meh, do it if you wish.

~Chez~
Frog Tongue chapter 1 . 6/22/2005
Wow! I like is perfect.
kayttea chapter 1 . 3/31/2005
Wow. That really made me realize. That was good. Ever heard of Monk? It's a TV show and sometimes it can be really funny but sometimes its really sad. I'm a tiny teensy bit obsessive compulsive, but luckly it won't take over my life either. :-) keep on writing!
Double Entendre chapter 1 . 3/28/2005
Woah... you captured the essence of OCD perfectly. This was very well written.
ICU2 chapter 1 . 9/30/2004
simple but strangely amazing
Dystorque chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
it's beautiful and highly correct. I have OCD like most of your reviewers here... well only one thing I would like to say, everything you describe is compulsive, and you don't discuss much obsession, which I think is lots more painful. But it doesn't make your thingy bad. No no, very good. :)
Psychozzy chapter 1 . 2/14/2004
Hello! Another obsessive-compulsive reviewer here! Diagnosed last year, but I've had it for as long as I can remember. I like the alarm clock paragraph but the one that really hit me was the one about counting (everything *must* be even! Do something here, must be done here too) and the cracks in the sidewalk (because if I don't step on them evenly, I won't be even). It really hit home for me. Yeah. Okay. Right. I'm gonna go now, lol. Keep it up and happy writing! -Ozzy-
notehre chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
Great piece!
You captured the mannerisms of OCD very well, especially in the alarm clock paragraph.
Dragonmistress and Celticgirl too lazy to login chapter 1 . 6/2/2003
Dragonmistress: That first part about checking things too many times, than you promise not to, but you do again... yeah, that's me. Don't know why. I guess I like keeping myself awake.
PacSunBabe90 chapter 1 . 5/31/2003
Me again. I was diagnosed with OCD four years ago. I have like millions of pills and antibiodics and see a therapist regularly. SUX actually. You forgot the part about cleanliness. Thats a major thing with OCD.
the coffee fiend chapter 1 . 4/17/2003
I've never read this before (amazing, I know) but yeah, you may (or may not, depends how much you listen to my pathetic whinge of a journal!) that I have OCD, what with the obsessive compulsive self-injury and things, I'm getting better now (yay for drugs) but yes, that's very poignantly written.

It's weird, coz now that you've BROUGHT it up...I can look at things that I do and see that it's OC, like, there having to be even numbers of people on each side of the bus (driver included) and I'll switch sides to maintain balance and kinky shit like that.

Just reread your Gothyke Poetrye (or however else it's spelled) and I have to say that it STILL cracks me up.

You don't still have a copy of that "I'm so goth I..." thing, do you? If you do, can you email it to me?

Woah, long review.

I'll stop being a moron and rereading all my friends' existing fanfiction now and ACTUALLY go to bed!

Peace, Love and Harmony (which are all nuclear and GE free) ~laura
Cathy B chapter 1 . 4/12/2003
Hey there...Well, this fic was very good, well, it isn't really a fic for some ppl...I read the other reviews and a lot of people were saying "Yeah, I have OCD too...". I don't have OCD, but i think you're very brave for talking about it and you really touched a lot of people, as most don't talk about OCD or other disorders, they just don't.

You really should write more, because your writing style is great. I know FF.N is sucky, they deleted what many many authors spent hours, days and months writing and people put a lot of hard work into their writing for it to be thrown away like that. I don't use anymore either, but you know, now there's FictionPress, and you can use the Whanau website to post each one of your 56 fics if you want to.

Well, good work.

~Cathy
switch chapter 1 . 9/24/2002
.such a fucking pain in the ass.

i had an obsession with the number 4.

everything had to be done four times.i had to check the door was locked 4 times,brush my teeth four times...even if i accidently burnt myself or something...i had to do it another 3 times! crazy shit.

but this was really good. *huggles*
vicky chapter 1 . 9/14/2002
wow...that was kinda sad for some reason... i like the style you wrote it in...seemed to really go with the subject...i check my alarm clock about 50 times a night...just sitting there checking it over and over and its never good enough cause im afraid i havent set it yet...weird...
DragonMistress chapter 1 . 7/23/2002
ithis was a amazing story, i have ocd, so this story made sense, please emAIL ME, I'D LIKE TO TALK TO YOU
38 | Page 1 .. Last Next »