Reviews for The Night
The Autumn Queen chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
I really like how you've started this poem because that very first line not only gives us a direct overvie of the poem but also turns the cliche of darkness being evil on its head.

I also like the last stanza of this because of how well it summarises the themes you've displyed throughout the poem and the good points of the night and darkness. I particularly like how the large gentle moon face stands for comfort while the smaller sharper points of starlight serve as truth, and the night as a whole something whole and encompassing, not necessarily as concrete but as firm all the same, aka. the friend. A very clever stanza all round.

Ohana from the Review Marathon (link in profile)
FixitfelixJRJRJR chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
This poem seems to overstay its welcome, but the subject matter, and general flow are good. Some things seem to be statements more than anything else, without reason given for why the day isn't just as lovely as the night.

Also, the repetition of Night was done quite well.
Atrasylvania chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
I can relate to this totally. :)

But I think this part:

"The night will only comfort you,
It will never hurt you."

would read more smoothly if you had followed the same format as the rest of the poem with it though, such as:

"The night will comfort you,
And will never hurt you."
Who Is This Girl Anyway chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
I like the use of personification in this- it's pretty well done, and you paint night as merciful and patient.

The only place I could fault this is that I don't think the italic adds anything, so I personally would get rid of it. Then again, it could just be a stylistic choice.