Reviews for Freeze
RinaJewelz chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
The rhythm of this poem was consistent. It almost felt like a song which I found made the content even more sad.
Your word choices added to the consistency as well as the song element. The repetition of 'I want' for example.
The constant tone of longing and frustration in the poem was heartbreaking. It made me able to really sympathise with the speaker. You got the emotion across really well. The questions in the fourth stanza really add to that. They engage the reader even more and force them to emphasise.
Overall, great piece, flowed well and was really emotive. Good job :)
The Autumn Queen chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
I love the structure of this. The rhythm is done nicely, punctuation (as far as I can tell) placed to perfection, and aesthetically appealing too. It works really well with the idea of freezing, as you've illustrated with the title.

I also line the repetition of "It's complicated. I wonder why" - it heightens the effect of the statement and the idea of confusion swirling around in a block of ice, the perpetual equilibrium between solid, liquid and gaseous water, and since it's in both the first and the last stanzas, it serves as a freeze-block of its very own.

No criticism to give whatsoever (from me anyway). *checks favourite box*

Ohana from the Review Marathon (link in profile)
Mayu Sun chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
This is so beautiful, it coveys so many emotions!