Reviews for Amarantha
VictorianBliss chapter 4 . 8/13/2013
Would be awesome if you could continue this story. It is a really good story.
h earthserpent chapter 4 . 5/31/2013
:D Woo glad you updated. like the story and the chapter. please bring on the next one. :)
Dumb Katt chapter 4 . 5/30/2013
i comend thee, sir writer. thou's chapter 'twas quite good. I do expect more coming. In good time of course. Good Day then.
Dumb Katt chapter 3 . 5/30/2013
i want more XP pleaseeeee!
Saint Bree chapter 3 . 1/19/2013
THIS STORY IS SOOOOOO GOOOD! PLZ CONTINUE PLZ!1!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Very interesting premise, and well-written to boot.

I especially enjoy that the protagonist is sensible and plain, in the sense that she seems to be influenced by the plot rather than influence the plot herself. In many cases where a wherein a female character struggles against a patriarchal setting, she tends to take things into her own hands and be "the only one who fights for her beliefs" or something akin to that. Amarantha gives off a more original feel, and her dream to be a scribe (instead of a knight or warrior, which is very susceptible to succumbing to cliche) is refreshing.

The lore is intriguing as well. I'm particularly curious about how and why the priestesses are manipulating the religion as described in your summary. I also like how Aunt Lucia has justified reasons for behaving the way she does (her perceived failure as a Katash), instead of merely being antagonistic and hostile for the sake of it.

Bonus points for how, in the introduction of the artist, Amarantha never explicitly admits that the artist is beautiful, pretty, etc. It makes her confusion over her attraction all the more believable. All in all, this whole review is just my opinion, but I truly believe that you've got a narrative with a lot of potential here.

Looking forward to the next update!
earthserpent chapter 3 . 7/19/2012
Woo! keep going. love it.
Ever Twinwood chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
I'm interested by the premise of the story, and I'd like to read more about the religion.

Grammar edit:

"Though, such activity I engaged in" ... *activities
"bright sun hanged" ... I believe that should be "hung."
"flew over to right ear catching me by surprise." ... Comma after ear.
"what other lie could I had come up with?" ... Is that had a mistake? Or do you mean have?
"I foolishly believing you were working" ... *believed
"the pain she inflicted at me." ... I think "at" needs to be "on."
"I blindly stumbled into my room which was" ... Comma after room.
"frustration, anger, and despairness" ... *despair or desperation, not despairness. I'd use dsepair in this case, but it's your call.
"never met or would ever love" ... *nor
"husband beforehand before the priestess" ... Either put a comma after "beforehand" or eliminate the word, as it is a bit repetitive.

Oh, and I love the name you chose for your MC. :)

Keep writing!

- ET
earthserpent chapter 2 . 7/14/2012
uh update. soon would be nice since i need to know what's going to happen in the next chapter.
H. Earthserpent chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
Woo! keep going. updating now would be great.