Reviews for sadomasochism
blank-unused chapter 1 . 2/20/2014
This truly shows the mind of a psychopath...
very well written...
Mysteriousness chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Woah, your one of the first authors that I read that doesn't begin every sentence with the letter "I". Kudos. Well... I probably couldn't tell since this is all cramped up in one massive paragraph. :P But oh well, everyone has their flaws.

Wow, even though this is short, this has to be the bestest well-written story I have read so far compared to all these stories in the romance archive (mostly all the romance stories, are all alike with similiar plots! xD But yours is so unique! I love it!) And the plot was wonderful, and your words were powerful. I was always intrigued by abusive relationships and why women always stayed with their violent boyfriends/husbands, but this is a brief wonderful glimpse of how abusive relationships function and the main reason why it's disfunctional and unhealthy.

I think it would make the whole concept of "sadomasochism" (because sadomasochism means to feel pleasure when one is being physically abused, correct?) a lot more exaggerated and intensfying if you actually showed the woman to enjoy being battered rather just showing the man beating her senseless with feelings of pity and regret as he does so because in reality, most men who beat their women do not feel any remorse when commiting the act and often give the vibe, "Well, she deserved it." To be logical, I didn't really get the sense of sadomasochism in this fic (I've been around... c:) it was more like a man feeling guilt over beating his woman and feeling self-pity and such. I think readers would get more of a thrill if there was more of a feel of sadomasochism taking place in the small paragraph. For example: One or both partners actually feeling pleasure from this "activity", women encouraging the man to continue, the man actually enjoying giving her a beating, ect. As disturbing as that sounds, that's how true sadomasochism works. Trust me, I did my research in this subject. (I'm going to college to be a pscyhiatrist. :p)

Though I have one tid bit with you: Why so short? 8D
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Really great images in this one. The narrator puts so much passion behind the words that the emotional and physical sort of blend into one.

I'm not sure if the formatting was as effective with this one. Since it somewhat had a progression of plot, the block paragraph was confusing enough to make me want breaks, which then took away from my focus on the moment.

By the way, for what it's worth, I thought both of the characters were girls for some reason. Then I re-read and realized nothing said this, but my first impression was a really interesting power dynamic.

This review has been brought to you by the Review Marathon (link in profile)
CieloRayn chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
Very deep, kind of scary. I didn't quite understand it. She pretty much asked for the pain so he beats her up? A tad bit confusing but good description.
TonyL chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
Well if you intention was to capture the mind of a sick Son of a bitch you did that well.

Well written, but a bit on the gruesome side.