Reviews for The Blinding Flash
Hidden Flowers chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
I found it interesting. It sounded like something you would whisper into somebody's ear as an impromptu autobiography. I felt sorry for the male protagonist.
Anihyr Moonstar chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I think you succeeded. You condense a powerful story into a bite-sized bundle, but don't sacrifice the passion of it. If anything, the brevity of the story itself is akin to the love it describes: bright, intense, and quick - over in a moment, but memorable even after it's gone.

My favorite line is the last: "...the bright flash had burned itself onto their eyes." It works so well and speaks out to the truth in life that sometimes, even the briefest of experiences - when powerful enough - become defining features in our lives that will always be a part of who we are and impossible to forget. Very nicely done. :)

- Moonstar
Prinstimon chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
This was quite an interesting read. The emotions were captured quite well in my opinion and the story itself was not one that I'm used which made it more entertaining for me to read. Even though it is such a short story, I think that you managed to capture a lot of the characters' feelings and the ending was quite good.

Thanks for posting this.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
Wow! Okay, so I guess we can add writing to your list of talents...*is oh-so-slightly jealous* It's an awesome short story - kind of like a flash itself, in that it sears its way into your mind and is over before you realise it, leaving only an afterglow. This captured the fire and turbulence of their relationship perfectly. It's always the damaged ones that are most powerful, right? I loved the simplicity of it. That first line, "Their love was crazy, a whirlwind of nihilistic destruction" - that really got me as well. The imagery is so vivid.
So, thank you for that. It was wonderful. But you knew that already. :)
Rain Crystal chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
This was interestingly different. Not a sort of love story I was expecting, but it was definitely better in its own way. I suppose all the questions I have about it will remain unanswered, but I think that's a good thing. Sometimes you need to leave your readers wondering. You already know that though, clearly.
Thank you for sharing this different tale of love. Not what I was expecting, and I can't really say it was 'better' than that since I don't know if it really would have been worse, but it was well worth the time taken to read. Even if it is still short.
Just a minor thing I want to ask/point out. Second to last line: "Maybe she found in her new man, maybe she just didn't care." I'm sure you are talking about the passion mentioned before and the energy, but the sentence itself is still a bit unclear. I understand the word 'it' is a word that means anything, if you put it between 'found' and 'in' the sentence would automatically clear up though. This is your writing, you're free to do whatever you want, just thought I'd make this known. Put me off a bit.
Thank you, again, for sharing this story! According to Fiction Press it's 154 words, but I think that's because of "The Flash of Love" at the top. The story itself is 150 words, I suppose that's all that matters. Thank you!
Upon A Falling Star chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
It's so so hard to find someone who has depth to their writing, but I stumbled upon this and I love it! I'd write a long review but it's be just telling you to write something else so I can enjoy more of your writing. Is it worth having a short, quick love that is intense and passionate and bright or a longer, lasting love that is subtler? Hmm, rhetorical question for myself there.
Yellow Cotton Hat chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
Interesting, interesting!

I never really know what to say to short pieces.. I always read them and feel like I'm missing something, but of course I'm not, it's just the length of the piece.

So I'll say; short and sweet. I liked the beginning. That you kept all the things they did together in one paragraph was nice as it sort of showed how they themselves were together, and then the rest were one-liners.