Reviews for Belong
sapphireshadow15 chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Oh, what an unexpected ending. I actually thought the protagonist would take their own death instead.

I certainly enjoyed this piece. Original and suspenseful. So heart wrenching, how the young boy has to die.

Keep writing, Pulsie. I love your stories

Happy writing, friend
-sapphire
VelvetyCheerio chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Poor kid. I think a lot of people don't realize just how important family is, though. They think they would never do something so horrible in a million years, not even for their family, but you just never know what you're capable of when faced with the decision of being ostracized from the people you love.

The implications of a cult like following was well laid out. I think it really gets into the mind of a new initiate and the thoughts that might go through their head as they are faced with the task at hand.

It frightens me when they call the child "meat". I wonder if they'll eat him. Or maybe their god will eat him. ._.

I thought the last three lines were somewhat out of place, only because nothing in the writing made any allusions to baseball or some sport like past time.

Other than that, this was an eye-opening piece of horror.

Velvet.
Free Fire chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
Very creepy, and very uniquely written! Your story is very good, and catches the readers attention on the first sentence.

The main character is so torn between pleasing her parents and wanting to do the right thing... His/her feelings were very well-expressed through his/her dialogue.

Great job, I really enjoyed it, and I hope you will write more! :D
kookieznkream chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Woah. That is..just indescribable. Another well done story. Keep up the great work :)
13star13girl13 chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
impressive work. kind of reminds me of the short story, the lottery. if you haven't read it, it's by shirley jackson and it's one of those things you need to read before you die. i like how you had her make the decision to kill the kid, have a sad ending. loved it
Ed Harley chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Tense and ominous; nice how it hints at the situation but doesn’t try to explain everything. I especially appreciate that the hero didn’t get too virtuous.