Reviews for LotWR Book Two: Shade's Peril
dreamerwaking chapter 12 . 10/30/2013
Great ending, lots of gushing romance and the promise of more to come.

I was surprised and pleased to have the teaser about Gale's ex-fiancé. There's another story in there :) I was also happy to see that Corbin made his feelings known to Amanda, it was obviously much harder for her to open herself up to the thought of a relationship than it was for him.

I'm really looking forward to the next story ;)
dreamerwaking chapter 11 . 10/30/2013
Corbin is less like a wolf and more like a cat that got the mouse, with the two ravishing beauties adorning his arms ;) I'm sure the dance is going to prove to be an inspiration for Corbin to make his feelings known to Amanda. I hope so anyway :)

I'm looking forward to finding out.
dreamerwaking chapter 10 . 10/28/2013
What a lovely chapter, I got all choked up at the end when Shade was showing her softer, more vulnerable side out. The bond between Corbin and Lydia was already strong, but now it seems that Shade has let down one of her barriers to let Corbin in as well.

Great writing :)
dreamerwaking chapter 9 . 10/27/2013
I'm glad to see that Derek got what was coming to him. It seems that Corbin managed to protect Lydia from what happened in that run down house but I'm sure her curiosity and determination to protect her family may get the better of her in the future and she might find herself in the thick of trouble.

Poor Shade, she seems to be a trouble magnet. :(

I loved your very visually descriptive account of the decrepit house, overrun but the dense vegetation surrounding it. The whole chapter was a great.

Well done.
dreamerwaking chapter 8 . 10/26/2013
So Viktor has an even nastier brother. Somehow I think he's going to regret meeting her brother when he arrives. I'm really glad that Lydia's gift is starting to mature. Her connection to her family is getting stronger all the time.

It looks to me that despite all the dramas that have befallen her family over the years and particularly recently, her sisters and even Corbin have managed to shelter her from it all and she's been able to maintain her youthful naivety. I have a feeling that once she and Corbin arrive to rescue Shade, she may get an introduction into the nastier side of what their world entails, first hand. Her innocence may receive its first dent?

I'm looking forward to discovering what happens :)
dreamerwaking chapter 7 . 10/25/2013
It seems like Corbin has been using his 'adjusting' to his new life as a way of not dealing with his repressed emotions about Kyle. Seeing his grave unleashed an avalanche of grief he couldn't control. As always in his new life though, Lydia was there to help him deal with it. No doubt he feels like a huge weight has been lifted from his shoulders. He's finally had a chance to say good bye to his friend, just as he had a chance earlier to visit and be close to the parents he couldn't remember.

It looks like Shade is in some deep trouble. Knocked out and dragged away is not a good way to start a Sunday Morning. I wonder if it has anything to do with her ex-boyfriend. I can't wait to find out.
dreamerwaking chapter 6 . 10/23/2013
Lydia is certainly enjoying her time away with her brother. Even though Torrell has nothing special going for it, she is fascinated by it because that's where Corbin had lived and held so many memories for him. Corbin too seems much more relaxed, Lydia seems to keep his mind occupied, her happy presence certainly seems to be making what could have been a depressing and emotionally draining trip from start to finish, much more pleasant.

I really enjoyed this chapter.
dreamerwaking chapter 5 . 10/22/2013
Corbin's restrained excitement that Amanda had agreed to be his date at Lydia's dance put a smile on my face too. I'm sure daydreaming about his date will make his trip back to Torrell a bit more enjoyable, besides having his sister's company to cheer things along too. I think he may need all that cheer by the time he gets to the grave site of his best friend.
dreamerwaking chapter 4 . 10/21/2013
Nice way to show similarities between siblings is more than just environmental influences, considering Corbin and Shade were raised separately under different circumstances, and still liked the same car.

Although he's settling into his new home quite well and is enjoying it, he still seems a little bit like the new boy on the block, not willing to really assert himself yet, always looking to his sister's permission or approval before he does anything. I'm sure over time that will change.

I am wondering what sort of trouble Corbin might be able to get himself in when he goes back to Torrell

Very good chapter.
dreamerwaking chapter 3 . 10/19/2013
What a heartfelt chapter. I could feel all their emotions when they visited the mausoleum, particularly Corbins. This was the first time since his early childhood (which he obviously can't remember) that he had been this close to his parents.

And, the small sarcophagus with the remains that had been thought to be Corbin. Wow, this just adds another layer of emotion to him being reunited with his parents. An innocent child had died so that he could be kidnapped and raised as an orphan. Even though Corbin had nothing to do with that tragedy, it would no doubt leave a stain on his soul none the less.

His connection with Lydia is definitely growing with her now able to communicate words to him through her mind.

Great chapter :)
dreamerwaking chapter 2 . 10/18/2013
It was interesting to hear a bit more about Shade's history. Gideon may have helped her exorcise most of her demons, but it sounds like she still harbours at least one that's gnawing at her. No doubt Corbin will find a way to discover what's bothering her, hopefully before it gets her into any trouble...but I doubt it ;)
dreamerwaking chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
Great start to the story. You really painted a detailed picture of the scene with Shade, sparring including their thoughts, their playful competitive nature with each other and Gale's motherly charm.

The scene with Lydia was also so well descripted I could almost feel the misty rain on my skin, on my feet as she hurried across the wet grass, and her nervous hesitation as she prepared herself to ask Corbin her 'big' question.

The two months since returning to his family home has certainly seen Corbin settle into a new routine, happily. It gives me a case of the warm and fuzzies :)

I'm sure this dance that Lydia wants him to chaperone will have a few surprises waiting?
Clubmeister chapter 12 . 12/12/2012
Just finished reding the story. Very exciting!
Your manner is intersting: very measured beginning as if nothing is going to happen. But while reading, I was thinking: "I don't believe it... Something is about to happen". And to 8-th chapter events began to unfold rapidly: Shade kidnapped and then Corbin with Lydia saves her.
And after all, romantic story of Corbin and Amanda goes happily.
(I like good ending very much:)