Reviews for Please Read This
BloodStaindtear chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
I've seem and read this on several wed sites and I'd just like to add, I at the son cried alone in and orphanage because people said that my mother was unfit to raise me because she loves another women
Reeciez chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
I get it. I totally get were you're coming from since I, myself, almost became one of those stories and has had a suicide affect her.

I know you're not asking for my life story but it's good to just get thing out sometimes, you know? My father served in the army and as a matter of fact I was the only one of my mother's children born in a Texan fort. Six years ago, a man I called my Uncle G killed himself after coming home from some sort of supplying flight. I don't know, they said I was too young to talk about those types of things. He was always on edge and I'd find ways to call him down. I think he wanted children, he was always calm around us children. I know now that he was just stressed about the things he's seen the world suffer through and I wish I understood then so I could have helped him more.

I consider myself bisexual, maybe leaning more towards girls, and after years of consideration I decided to tell my mother last year... That didn't turn out so well. Now she isn't the type to lash out or curse or even deal some sort of sick torture like taking away my pleasures in life, no. She's not like that. She is a cold blooded woman who lives, loves and laughs like she is the only person in the world who can feel at all. The Lord protects her. A good Christian mother. We were in the kitchen preparing dinner and as we were chatting I brought it up and I shouldn't have. The look she gave me...

I later found out that my cousin is gay and his father was accepting but still awkward. He is a few years older than me and is lucky enough to have a job. He can afford to live alone. My mother almost disregarded him as family but my sister's and I convinced her that he was the same boy she loved as her nephew. That didn't matter though, he has a life and money and so can survive on his own. My mother, I know her well. She would have told me to pack and leave if I were in any way against the Church normal. Her eyes when I told her were so cold...

I played it off as a joke, of course. I also played off many other things I had wanted before off as jokes and so my act was almost impossibly real and she obviously fell for it. I once told her I wanted a tattoo and she gave me the normal parent reaction (a solid no) and I told her I wanted to sing as a career (a definite no) and just played them off as jokes to get her heart pumping... I just need to be a little older and financially independent and I'll tell her the truth, she deserves to know after raising my sister's and I alone. I'm eight-teen already so it shouldn't be that far off, right? I love her but if I told her would she love me?
guest chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
I think you misunderstood the one statement about the man in the hospital. The point was that the couple couldn't legally marry, and because of this, the long-time partner, being nonfamily, couldn't see the patient. It's not personal. Those are just the rules.
Also I don't quite get what you mean when you say people kill themselves because of "military." What does that mean? How does the military cause suicides? Are you talking about suicide missions?
EverySilence chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
I didn't know I wasn't signed in when I left the review but, yeah I wrote the review.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Your heart is in the right place but, I believe you lack the psychological and physiological understanding of the mental state of mind of the people who committed suicide. Suicide is linked to so many mental disorders. A person doesn't commit suicide because they were sad, stupid, depress, anxious, suffering, etc. etc. These are just factors that contributed to the mental breakdown of the person.

Instead of thinking about how selfish those people who kill themselves are and how much they hurt the people they left behind, why don't you think of the person that died and say, "I'm sorry you couldn't find happiness here on earth. I hope you have found the peace that you were looking for."
In the end, even after their death, we spend more time focusing on how we, the living, feels about the death rather than the pain and despair the deceased felt while they were living. It's this way of thinking that we lack the ability to help and understand the mentally unstable.
Most of the time people who are mentally unstable don't realize that they are mentally unstable. They've lived with it for so long it's a part of them and it's normal for them to be in that state of mind most of the time, while for the NORMAL and healthy people it's NOT NORMAL.
Normal people would NEVER understand the reasons why a person would choose to commit suicide because they are normal. That's why normal people can't help the mentally unstable unless they are trained to recognize the mental disorders and trained to help them.
It's not a crime to be mentally healthy and normal. Just be grateful that you are and may never know how it is to be mentally unstable.
If it is painful for the living at why the person they love took their life can you imagine how much more painful it was for the person that committed suicide when they were living to do something like that just to be free from the pain?

Not everybody is born strong or healthy whether it be physically, emotionally, or mentally. Everybody is different. What hurts me may not hurt you and what hurts you may not hurt me. Some may not be strong enough to withstand the blows that they are dealt and some may become stronger because of them. But, not all can overcome their demons and persevere through life.

NO! To me, what is selfish are the fuckers who kill their family members and then kill themselves. Those fuckers who try to take as many people with them as/when they commit suicide. THAT is selfish, THAT is painful, and THAT doesn't help at all.

“We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.”

“If someone isn't what others want them to be, the others become angry. Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.”

― Paulo Coelho