Reviews for Paper Flowers
uygfuyfd chapter 3 . 1/21
i really liked this. i cried. alot.
Silver Witherwings chapter 3 . 1/1
This was a very nice story. I liked it a lot. Ethan came off as an abusive jerk at times, and even when Rose's accident was revealed, I still did not like him very much. He wasn't very sympathetic. That said, it's a breath of fresh air - I don't expect to like every character I read about, and even though I did not like him, I still enjoyed the story. Well done!
Andene chapter 3 . 10/14/2013
Finally, details about the accident! They make Ethan's worries seem much more normal now. He gave up a lot because he feared hurting her. I can understand why he would feel so guilty. His proposal and rejection was a bit funny...I liked that Rose finally said what she was feeling. I'm glad they talked, it left me grinning! I know they're characters...but I do hope they have kids one day...lol!
Andene chapter 2 . 10/14/2013
Ahhh...I feel so torn...I get that she feels upset about how he treats her...but I also get his cold but deeply in love ways...I didn't like Steven much, he's just slimy and irritating. I do hope he doesn't reappear. I'm really enjoying this. I can't believe there's only three chapters...(

On to the next one!
Andene chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
This really drew me in. The hurt and pain is tangible, and makes it compelling to read onward. I'm already getting a lump in my throat, it's such a relatable topic...I know exactly what she means by the slow deterioration...wow!
Mt chapter 3 . 9/15/2013
Oh my God. That hurt. So beautiful.
Guest chapter 3 . 8/24/2013
Oh my god, that was so beautiful! It was a lovely story and so beautifully written! It was so touching and despite the fact that Ethan is sometimes an idiot, like most men are, he's so endearing (which most men aren't)! I'll spare you another 1000 words gushing about how amazing the story is and just say: Thank You!
Messy Ink chapter 3 . 8/8/2013
It was so real. It sounds strange when I'm writing this, but that's the truth. It wasn't fluffy and it wasn't fake. It was perfectly real. So thank you.
kayla chapter 3 . 8/3/2013
ughhh so adorable and perfect.
their relationship isn't perfect, but then it is at the same time. If I make any sense.
beautiful story. :)
Wallflower.x chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
WOW. This is really beautiful. And in my opinion it really captures the break down of a relationship so well, judging from my past relationships.

I just really love this.
CaseyBear chapter 3 . 7/9/2013
I cried in the second chapter. I remember saying, "I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I AM CRYING!?"

And I wanted to cry in this chapter but I held strong. Good story/three shot. I really enjoyed it.
AMessofPickles chapter 3 . 7/4/2013
Aw man now I'm crying again. Oh this story is wonderful. Seriously I love it to pieces.

As for your questions:
Were Rose and Ethan developed enough?
Yes! You fleshed out their personalities so perfectly. From the way they interact with each other to the way they are. I particularly loved the bit when they're arguing. I always love reading arguments because I find it so hard to a write an argument myself. Anyways, they were arguing and Ethan's so calm about it (like he wasn't yelling the way Rose was) while Rose was so passionate. Anyways short answer: yes they were developed enough.

Were their actions realistic?
Most definitely. Like Rose says: Ethan's caring to a fault. And he was genuinely terrified for her well-being. It's normal to want to protect the ones you love most and I loved the way you portrayed this idea.

Do you like papayas?
I do! Except most of the time the papayas are bland and not very sweet. And that's IF we get them.

Do people actually read my author's notes?
Haha, I guess me answering all of these answers your question.

Is there anything you particularly liked or disliked about the story?
I particularly liked the way you fleshed out the story. You didn't immediately give away the whole story of the accident until the end which was brilliant. I also loved the way you wrote Ethan and Rose. The things that Ethan does are so conflicted in his mind but as a reader you still end up sympathizing with him because he obviously loves and cares for her. I disliked that the story ended ;P

(From your PM):
what you thought of the plot?
I loved the plot. It was heartbreaking but in the end it left the reader off with a feeling of hope which I loved.

The pacing?
I thought the pacing was fabulous! The slow change and finally the climax of the story was done very well and I was amazed at how much story you managed to pack into three chapters. It was great.

Anything I could improve on?
For the story or writing in general? I really loved the story how it was. And as for the writing you're an kick ass writer! All I can say is to keep on writing!

Cannot wait to read your future stories! Oh and I apologize for not reviewing this originally. Normally I'm pretty good and reviewing things immediately after I read them but I've been really bad with that recently. Anyways I hope this review was sufficient because I really really enjoyed reading the story. Good luck with your future writing endeavors :D
AMessofPickles chapter 2 . 7/4/2013
Okay so I didn't bother to review Ch. 1 since that was really short and just sort of the introduction for everything.

Oh god even after the second read this story still makes me choke up inside. If I remember correctly the first time

I read this I was a total mess. But you've just written everything so well! Even though at the time I wasn't quite sure what was going between Rose and Ethan I still ached for their past relationship. The scene with Ethan's family completely broke my heart.

I really liked the characterization. I mean they genuinely care about each other so much but you still manage to portray how they seem to be missing each other despite all of this. I also liked the way you wrote little things like how Ethan missed her laugh and smile. And how Rose missed the way he didn't treat her so delicately. It's wonderful.

Fav. Quotes:
This happened every night.

She'd even out her breathing, open her mouth slightly, and only once Ethan had assured himself she was asleep would he wrap an arm around her stomach and pull her towards him.

She had long since stopped wondering why he'd have to wait till she was unconscious to hold her. She found she really didn't care for the circumstances, as long he was still there. Still warm and comforting and encompassing her with his familiar scent – of soap and pine and something else that was exclusively his.

And only then did the two of them fall asleep.

Aww this totally choked me up.

He must've been slamming his shoulder against the door frame, judging by the sound. He let out a loud, frustrated grunt and suddenly he was there. Ethan: strong, warm, reassuring. Holding her upright as she sagged a little, he crushed her to him, one arm tight about her waist and the other cradling her head to his chest; so unlike all the stiff, awkward embraces they'd shared the past year. Instantly, she felt relieved. It was a feeling akin to that of stepping into your heated, cozy home after a long time spent out in the biting cold air.

You write so wonderfully. You have a good balance of heartbreaking description mixed with the perfect amount of dialogue. I could almost feel Ethan's desperation in this scene and once again it tore at my heart.

"The pictures," Bear said, as if that'd explain it all. "Ethan's pictures. His cube is littered with them. There are some of that little guy – his nephew, right? But most are of you."

A warm feeling Rose hadn't felt in a long time encompassed her chest at Bear's words and she smiled harder than she had in a while.

AW. That's literally all I can say. The way you described the results from Rose's accident...the way she feels responsible for his own misery...once again you write beautifully.

Anyways on to the next chapter!
mdogg34 chapter 3 . 6/15/2013
Oh gosh I really enjoyed this story. I found it on A Drop of Romeo (where I find most of my stories...). The first chapter really got my attention, which I really liked. Since it was so short, I still didn't really know what the story was about, and then the next two long chapters after it was just very different from the beginning which switched it up. I thought the characters were realistic, and they changed throughout the story, even if was only a three-shot, which I think is impressive. Overall, I can't really think of anything bad to say about this story, and was glad to add it to my favorites list. Thanks so much. :)
hollywood920 chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this story and I feel like it's one that people don't always appreciate while first reading, but it's so beautifully written and I hope that more people realize the subtle beauty that it has. Every detail was planned out very well and the development of their relationship was touching. At first it kind of bugged me that he got her paper flowers when he used to get her normal ones; to me it seemed he was treating her too delicately once again. However, then I realized things weren't ever going to be the same as much as everyone wanted to be, and that Ethan could still treat Rose well and be careful with her health at the same time. I loved how even though they had fights, Ethan and Rose always still cared for each other. It was very well written and I hope it is read by more people in the future!
39 | Page 1 .. Last Next »