Reviews for My Beloved Piano Player
Nabo Preo chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Quite touching. Both the poem and the narrated parts were awesome. I find love-stuff boring but this one turns out to be an exception.

One thing I'm confused about: " picking up all the dust that had settled on the closed instrument for the past 50 years. Riley was already in his 70s." according to this, Riley's wife had to die when he was in his 20s which seems too early. Doesn't add up. D:
Raven of the Shades chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
Aw! I love it!
Acacia-Tyyne chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
It's definitely sad. I feel really bad for Riley
eatlesschikin chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
This is really good. The grammar is amazing. I can't stand reading a story with bad grammar. I skip right over the story if the description has one tiny error. Haha.
Also, I love the piano and play it all the time, and my grandmother used to be a beautiful pianist herself. But she passed away recently so I can totally relate to this story.
Keep up the great work!
And I am happy to review your story, no worries!
DomiKat chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
You wrote the poem, too? Daaaaaamn, girl! (Wait, I'd like to pause here to confirm that you are, in fact, a girl. As awkward as that sounds, there hasn't been any confirmation of that fact so far that I can tell...SORRY! Awkward level: boss)

Anyway, I'll just say that the poem is gorgeous, despite the cheesy rhymes xD AABB rhyme schemes tend to make a poem sound that way, but I think it works! Definitely! It's haunting, in a sense, but the cheesy rhyme scheme gives it a light-hearted feel, too, which is a unique combination. :) I think you should write more poems!

Now, on to the actual story...again, "haunting" is what I would use to describe it. I don't know how to put it...though you move through time quickly in this story, I imagine this story in slow-motion. The transitions seem so smooth and gradual. Seamless. That's the word! all connected quite beautifully, which makes it an even more beautiful story to read.

Besides that, I also loved how you combined happiness and sadness to create this sort of bittersweet feeling. It's touching. And it makes the reader think. Mindless stories like "Twilight" have never been my thing. But you, dear author, have a way with words. You make them mean something. You don't need to write a long story to get your point across...a few words say it all. And that's a gift. :)

You can bet that I'll be reading more of your stories!

Happy writing!

DoMiKaT
Nino Itachi chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Hi there that was a nice poetry, I loved the way you describe things.
all in all that was good :)
Serious Pages chapter 1 . 7/16/2012