Reviews for The Blackstall Curve
Lady Marian chapter 7 . 10/28/2014
Thank you for the update! I was a bit disappointed it was short, but only because I can't wait to continue reading more! I'm happy to see the Mysterious Man, or Captain Lattimer, made an appearence! I especially liked your visuals with the lines:

"Cate stared at her plate and said little. Her heart thrummed strongly against her ribs. She avoided looking up; perhaps he had not recognized her. Perhaps he didn't even remember her.

She dared to raise her eyes to him. The steady gaze that met her confirmed that he did indeed both recognize and remember her. Cate pulled away and started to pretend to eat."

Tall ginger is a nice description. Makes me think he could be Irish or Scottish. (and having him with one of those accents would be an attractive plus) I think Cate subconciously is attracted to him more than she would like to be, that's why she insists that he is not a gentleman. Should prove interesting to see the living situation develop with the three British soldiers staying in their home.

I look forward to reading more and can't wait for the next chapter!
ChristinaNR chapter 7 . 10/10/2014
Keep writing... things are starting to complicate into potential juicy tension for the heroine...
Lady Marian chapter 6 . 8/7/2014
It was a little short :( But that's okay, it works, I just wanted to read more ;) I like how Peter and Fiona are fully embracing 1777 with no intentions of returning to the future. Whereas Cate seems to be hanging on and keeping ties with her time through Oscar. It will be interesting to see what changes their "interfering" through Cate's courier, and etc create for the 21st century. Also, interesting question Peter asked, "For Christ's sakes, Cate! Have you ever wondered why they sent us here in the first place?" Can't wait to find out the answer! I was hoping to see more of the Mysterious Man in this chapter, but maybe he reappears later on? I'm wondering if Cate will have a love interest? For awhile, (and I still am) though maybe Oscar and Cate develop a romance, but now maybe Cate and the Mysterious Man do. Because that seems perfect, she said he was anything but a gentleman, but Fiona said he had been been gentlemanly, so the classic hate turns into love path maybe? :) Also,... love your ending to the chapter with the Beatles British invasion! Wonderful- looking forward to the next chapter!
Lady Marian chapter 4 . 8/2/2014
Quite the coincidence! I was just thinking about this story the other day, wondering if it would ever be updated and then I see not one but two chapter updates! Awesome- thank you for updating! Your story is the only reason I log into this site. If you eventually do publish this novel, I would buy it. It is so easy to get caught up in it. I love your character Cate (and from reading thus far, I had been picturing someone closer to Amy Adams, so it will be a little difficult to see her as Rachel McAdams to me). I completely agree with your casting of James McAvoy for Oscar! (so handsome, and I pictured someone like him also for Oscar). I like your writing style and your pacing of the story, and your characterization is good. I don't really have any ideas for improvement, everything reads so smoothly!
Lady Marian chapter 3 . 5/27/2013
Very nice chapter! I'm really enjoying this story- so original! Should be interesting to see how Fiona fares with the pregnancy and how they all do when the British arrive! Can't wait for the next chapter!
moonglowmaiden chapter 3 . 3/21/2013
Really great! It's nice to see more historical stories out there!
MissNutella chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
Nice. I live in PA and yet to see Philly
ohimamarigold chapter 3 . 3/19/2013
I really, really like this story :D I don't find much stories where they time travel back to the 18th century. You must update soon! :)
AmiHart chapter 3 . 3/19/2013
Great chapter, I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens next. Intriguing story, and I really like your character Cate.
Guest chapter 2 . 1/20/2013
love this story. update as soon as you can.
Lady Marian chapter 2 . 1/12/2013
Very good ! I'm really enjoying this story! It's so well written and I can easily fall into it. Like I am back in 1777 Philly with Cate. I can't wait to find out what happens next! Please update soon!
Lady Marian chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
This is really good! Yes, the concept of time travel is not completely original, but I think it's more about how you incorporate it in. I'm looking forward to seeing how Cate fits in to 1777 America.
vicheyasr chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
I normally don't like time-travel ... er ... I mean 'curve' stories often. But I really liked the beginning of this one so far. And I hope you'll continue. I'm really excited to see what'll happen to Cate, and what Peter and Fiona are doing in 1777 at the moment!
cypress16 chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Hey,

I like it. Time travel stories are my thing and I am working on two at the moment. I always like to see how other people structure the 'event'.

I hope you stay with it and will update regularly.

John
Pippin chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Excellent so far. A little more development of the relationship between Cate & Dr. Pickering earlier on would have been helpful. Foreshadowing isn't a bad thing, you know.