Reviews for How to Survive a Zombie Attack
Lolitroy chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
Dude what's up with copying my story's name?
Sushi-Sisters chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
Hope to seemore of this. It was quite enlighting.
Grandmaster-Apple chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
I don't really know if I should take this seriously or as a joke, so i'm not going to it any way until I know.

I thought i'd point this out if you ever think about revising it again. If you're have to resort to close combat, your best bet is to wear the thickest clothes you have, and if possible, wear shark watching armor as it will protect you from getting infected if the zombie decides to go for your arm of shoulder. And another tip is to where whatever helmet you have, the more coverage, the better.

Anyway, I liked it a lot. Keep writing. Peace out

Grandmaster_Apple
The Lonely Lady of Shalott chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
I love how you thought of the two different types of zombies! I never really thought of what you called "Supernatural Zombies" really being zombies, but I guess by scientific definition, they would be. How did you even think of all this stuff?! And was this an essay for school?! If it was, I want to go to your school because we never do enough fun essays like that!
DirtyTangles chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
The Stellar:
-Your title is super cute and an immediate hook. We know that this will be a faux essay, even before we begin to read it.
-Your subject matter and the voice (essay, professional, self-help) you choose to narrate with are very fun. It is humorous on its own terms, without overtly trying.

What Needs Work:
-It almost reads too much like a high school essay. While the concept is funny, I wanted something more than just a description of the zombies, which I felt became the meat of the piece. It is so short, and there is so much to exploit and expand. I would suggest looking at real how-to and self-help books for ideas. What do they say? Do they use examples? Do they have statistics, or interviews with people who have successfully done x, y, and z? If so, think about how you could incorporate those kinds of things into your essay.

Thanks for sharing!
dee87 chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
This is great stuff! I really enjoyed it :D. It's very interesting. I never knew aliens could control zombies. I always thought it was witches and demons and stuff. And the bodily fluids can infect you? Is that just by touching it or do you need an open wound? And the fact that they can last months is crazy! :D

:Dee
Zombieburger chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
I like your diction. I learned some things about zombies today. There are probably too many out there, but I think you should maybe write a story about a group trying to survive an apocalypse. Great info!
Invisiblehandicap chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
Brilliant. Very entertaining and fun essay to read. :)
JoPR chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
This is not an insult, I swear it's not, but is it strange that I found this really funny?
I find this genuis comedy. I'm complimenting you. I'm sorry if this offended you? I really hope I didn't. Because I think this essay is incredible! c:
Athein Drohan chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
I and my friends have long talked about a zombie apocalypse and there are just a few points I want to make. First of all you want to remember that as you pointed out earlier not all zombies are the same so keep in mind that while some may slow, other more mutated virus or demonic control may give them some degree of intelligence, speed, strength or other unknown factor. Also it would be advisable to remember that you may be able to out run two, three or even five zombies, what happens when ten, twenty, thirty or more come at you? You also mention that a safe place to head would be to the mall or rural/unpopulated areas… You at least got the first one right. Not to sound harsh or anything but heading to a mall would probably be one of the worst options, up there with hospitals and grocery stores. Malls as well as the other areas would be an initial reaction to head to once people realize what is happening, because of the surplus of supply you mentioned, causing a massing of people where, more than likely a couple will be attempting to hide the sickness because of disbelief of apocalypse or belief of a cure. I and my friends have decided that an oil rig would be best because of inaccessibility or a prison due to its high security and food storage.

These are just some things I found that I think you should address; I have ideas on where you can expand on some things. You also did a good job on addressing the demonic type of zombie which I almost never think of. Either way feel free to respond with any questions you have, contradictions I made, or points of where you believe I am mistake. This also has inspired me into thinking of starting a survival guides myself, just for the fun of it, whether anything happens with it I will decide later.