Reviews for New Night
toshica chapter 29 . 6/6
...I ended up finishing it... it was really good!
The tenses got cleared up in the later chapters so who cares.

I love Madison and that she wasn't a one dimensional character. Caleb and Drystan were cool too. Particularly Caleb. I honestly thought Madison and Caleb would get together but eh.

I thought the bad guy was his Eben's dad, then Sebastian and I guessed Cory too haha. But it all made sense.
I've gotta admit, one of my least favourite characters was Eben. Sometimes he was entertaining in his sarcastic nature and other times he was just plain annoying. Not to hate on your character or anything, but we wouldn't get along because he's kinda whiny and makes everyone feel bad for being protective.
He kept complaining that he was a sorcerer and that he didn't need to be protected but in almost every instance, he was trying to hold out until someone else saved him?!
Ah! I do like Eben, don't get me wrong. Sometimes he was kinda infuriating but he had some really good traits, such as being decisive and actually being productive too- learning spells etc. I'm just thinking, that he is a teenager soo...
toshica chapter 2 . 5/30
A good chapter. The only thing that's a little off is the tense that you use. It'a little strange for me and subsequently more difficult to read but then again, your story telling is exceptional so I'll get used to it.
Natto'n'Chibiko chapter 29 . 4/15
I loved your story. I did find it pretty similar to Teen Wolf's story at first with the werewolf whose sister was killed and the bestfriend who was bitten but your story around Eben magic was really interesting. (Plus it is a slash story and I m weak against them I loved slash fucs too much). Well I m goung to read the sequel now :).
Miss Lizzy-chan chapter 29 . 3/13
Wow. This story is just amazing !How the hell isn't this a book loll
Cdelancy chapter 29 . 10/31/2014
THAT WAS SUPER AMAZING! It all tied together so well and I loved reading it!
Trance19666 chapter 1 . 10/20/2014
great chapter
can Eben control the elements?
he did start a fire?
Trance
OHerexAndxThereO chapter 29 . 10/19/2014
Awesomeness
Guest chapter 26 . 10/15/2014
I just stumbled across this story while looking for something supernatural to read and I want to start off first by saying I really like how this story began. The starting gripped my attention immediately and I just want to keep on reading to find out more. That said, as I read further along the story, what killed my drive to continue reading was this:

During training, Eben will constantly highlight that his magic is defective. This suggests that he knows his magic is not reliable but he will always insist he will do fine on his own and he will constantly reassure everyone he can handle by himself. Then enemy appears, Eben uses his magic to buy time for him to run while calling for help but enemy catch up and Eben will get substantial injuries before ‘help’ arrives, which is usually when everything is over. Drystan will proceed to see how hurt Eben is, which cause him to be all sad and ‘I heard it over the phone and I thought you were dead and I am never letting you out of my sight’ but Drystan will turn around and let Eben out of his sight anyway.

This cycle repeats for at least three times and makes me wonder if Drystan and Eben’s two best friend truly care that much about Eben because they don’t do anything to show for it with regards to Eben’s safety. What I would have hoped to see: 1) Drystan sticking to Eben 24/7, he has a good enough reason to do so. 2) Eben’s two best friends actually watching over him in school (eg. Even following him to the bathroom) because the school is where Eben is constantly found alone by the bad people. If Eben and his two best friends can skip school, I don’t see why these two best friends cannot alternatively skip their classes to follow Eben around his classes. 3) If 1 and 2 was done, but Eben still manage to get caught alone, get injuries, then that is just bad luck and I am fine with that but I would like to see more of them fighting together as a pack against other people and less of Eben getting battered and Drystan coming to the rescue late.

I am well aware that these loopholes (to me) are what allowed the Danger! Intense! Information! Kiss Reassure! into the story but this happened too many times that it became repetitive and was what stopped me from reading pass chapter 26. Perhaps it will get better and there will be further character development in the later chapters and sequels, but I cannot find it in myself to continue on.
Kerrigas chapter 3 . 8/23/2014
So I just started this story this morning and it's pretty good so far, even if it seriously drudges up (slightly shameful) memories of Teen Wolf. I mean, Eben's a sorcerer though, which makes everything awesome. But he's also awkwardly witty, and his father is chief of police. And Drysdan is a werewolf, with a dead sister, and more broody angst than anyone can take. But I shipped Sterek like nobody anyway so that's cool. (Ps, not accusing of anything, nor am I bashing the story. It's got its own brand of creativity, and nothing is 100% original nowadays anyway). Looking forward to where this story takes me! I'll review again once I hit the end, if not before!

Kerrigas
Lovegood chapter 1 . 8/7/2014
My sister Alice's Wonderland7 kept bugging me to read this and...Oh my god this is the most awesome series I've read in a long time. You have talent. True talent.
rAiNwAtEr1 chapter 29 . 7/25/2014
I'm at a loss of words to discribe how amazing and beautiful this story is. Each and every character has wormed their way into my heart. The plot, and supernatural gene the icing on the cake. It's so hard to find a wonderfully written slash or m/m pairing supernatural story. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for writing this and I hope to read more of this soon!

Your fan,

Rainwater
Errant chapter 29 . 5/15/2014
Very good story. The Teen Wolf influences seemed very strong at first, but you did very well at not just making disguised fanfiction. There's interesting original story, characters and lore. The romance is apparent but doesn't detract from the overall plot. My only niggle in that area was that they were more or less agreeing to get mated/married immediately - it made sense for Drystan, but seemed a little fast for Eben (who has no wolfy instincts).
Sai Erikson chapter 29 . 12/16/2013
This is really good. If this was a book I'd so buy it without a hesitation :)
Sai Erikson chapter 13 . 12/14/2013
ooooooooh I bet the sorcerer is Sebastian just a guess and I am hoping I'm right.
I think as a werewolf mate concept and as a writer you can make it how you please but to have ti so closely based on a wolf mating was very well done on your part
Sai Erikson chapter 12 . 12/14/2013
I wouold prefer it not turn into a trashy romance novel. I've already had my turn reading 50 shades of grey...Something I will never do again. Too much sex not enough plotline. I need plots and twists. It's nice to know Ebern was magic but from the beginning I figured his mom was magic if his dad wasn't.
182 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »