Reviews for dementia
blueagle246 chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Great poem! Over all it flowed well and really set the mood. The only gripe I have on this really is that you have a rhyme scheme and you just stop using it when you go from dilemma to terror. It seems small but it can really interrupt the flow which is important for a poem. Same with using me twice but that is not quite as bad.
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Congrats on third place in the Review Marathon! Here's your prize review:

I love how you broke my expectations right off the bat. Of course, seeing the title, I was expecting something relating to the disease, but as soon as you used the word "righteous," I was thrown for a loop. Nice awareness of the power of your word choice.

Sometimes, the structure of this lost me. It felt a little too systematic, introducing a topic and then addressing a feeling. But I really liked how disconnected they all were because it was where the whole feeling of dementia really came into the piece.

[my subconscious waits for you.] I love this line. The meaning is interesting and complex - after reading this once through, I came back to this line and re-read it a few times to let it sink in.

[The sound of footsteps,/sweet release.] Great ending. Bringing in the actual description of the release combined with the release of the imagery in the quiet footsteps was an interesting tone to end on.
The Autumn Queen chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
I love the line [shadow of a rainbow] because it's beautiful and yet haunting at the same time. There are some others, like callous laughter, but that's my favourite.

I don't like the rhyming structure of this piece because it reads rather forced. Particularly the second and fourth lines...that last one was a little too long to impart any real impact.
Purplemonkey123 chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
This poem rhymes and it flows nicely i loved it!
DappledKarma chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Very nice flow, paired with great imagery and great structure. I love it!
Aerith Rei chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
Thank you for your very sweet review of "Argyle!" I loved this poem. The imagery, rhyming, and flow of it were similar to being lost in a dream. Fantastic job!
Natari Mirumura chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Lovely! I love the rhyming, and the flow of this poem. Very soothing. Keep it up :D