Reviews for Berenice: The Lost Queen
AlysonSerenaStone chapter 14 . 5/22/2016
Wonderful story! I have enjoyed reading this over the years. The Royal Diaries book is one of my favourites!
LostCriesofTime chapter 13 . 5/21/2016
Poor Benerice, she must be devastated her husband is dead and now the search will most likely begin again, hopefully with less fish-reeking men. But I really liked the scene her between Kleopatra and Benerice, its guarded yet sincere. Also, just a question, if both Arisone (who was eight at the beginning of this) and Kleopatra are now of marrying age, how old are you pitching them. Twelve and fourteen or maybe older? It just helps for me to picture them, if I know their age :D

Looking forward to the next update :D
LostCriesofTime chapter 12 . 5/21/2016
These two are an interesting couple, is he sincere or just extremely good at playing the game, I wonder. I'd bet on the latter. Nice chapter! Poor Arisone
LostCriesofTime chapter 11 . 5/21/2016
Wow, I had hoped that she would be a good queen, better than her sister before her, but i love how youve slowly shown her downfall and brought her to this point, where she is selfish and even slits a peasants throat for daring to intrude upon her palace. Very clever, I like what you've done.
LostCriesofTime chapter 8 . 5/21/2016
Wow that was an intense wedding night. But what will happen when Macedonia hears of her executing him? Damn, what a predicament.
LostCriesofTime chapter 6 . 5/21/2016
Wow this was a fascinating chapter. The death is done really well, with the intimacy of the final moment of the queens death as you describe the warmth of her breath on Benerice's hands and make it so much more personal than pure poison in that moment.
LostCriesofTime chapter 5 . 5/21/2016
I LOVED the bit where she muses how the first real command was ordering her sisters not to play a game, her musings are growing more astute and I was not shocked at her wanting to kill off Kleopatra, but I was surprised she trusted Benerice so much as to tell her. I wonder what game she is playing...
LostCriesofTime chapter 4 . 5/21/2016
Interesting turn of events which I definitely didn't forsee, here! Nice.

I like your interactions between Benerice and Kleopatra and Pythagoras is a pretty cool guy so far too, although when you said that Benerice thought his intention in suggesting her as co-regent was to have her killed so Tryphaeana wouldn't question his undivided loyalty to her - surely in suggesting her as a queen it would be putting his neck out, loyalty wise, and if she decided to execute Benerice then the natural next execution would be Pythagoras, as he suggested her? So it could not be his motivation?

Or are you just portraying Benerice as so confused and anxious of everyone's loyalties that she is jumping at shadows and coming to slightly illogical conclusions? As that actually would fit, since the whole of the palace hierarchy has been shifted and maybe she is finding it difficult to find her feet.
LostCriesofTime chapter 1 . 5/20/2016
I love the fact I've found some Egyptian historical fiction on here! I'm writing about Nefertari at the moment but adore the story of the last Ptolemies. The fact you've decided to write from the point of view of Benerice is really cool. A brilliant, unique perspective :3
Her view is really well put across and I like the budding family dynamics you're weaving.
AlysonSerenaStone chapter 13 . 5/18/2016
I really enjoyed this one!
AlysonSerenaStone chapter 12 . 5/2/2016
So happy to see you updated! I missed this story!
AlysonSerenaStone chapter 11 . 6/9/2015
Wow! I did not expect that ending, but it is very realistic. Great work!
Musesation chapter 11 . 6/8/2015
Awesome, there's another chapter! I was just thinking about this story this morning! XD

Oookay, she is becoming a tiny bit scary! I'm starting to worry A LOT about the people in Egypt though, with her as their queen.

I can't wait to see what'll happen next.
The Geektologist chapter 10 . 3/7/2014