Reviews for The way you'd renovate a ruined house
870188 chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
this is almost frightfully good. so dark and wearisome, but i think a reader feels comfortable delving these depths with you because you so fearlessly embrace a voice of wholesome empathy. the struggle you describe is particularly strong, the conflict between wanting to change and also unconditional love. i've never seen a strong poetic and religious understanding at work in such a satisfying way. while your piece speaks of weakness and the throne of despair, there is such strength and cohesive music in your words.
AnonymousLily chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
You realize by having "I'm no poet" in your profile and writing poems like this, you make some of us who claim to be poets look really amateur! The extended metaphor of a damaged house works so perfectly here to reveal human pain and desire. Beautiful work!
a theoretic revolution chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
wow. gorgeous, this was really just perfect. great, great job, keep up the fantastic work!
the-lovely-anomaly chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
The images are what really make this. You have a way with titillating my senses with words. So few writers are capable of doing that, or doing that well, but you... you do it like a pro. This is otherworldly, and yet, worldly.
Partial Stardust chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
I honestly wish I could write poems like you do. What's your muse? :) Your gift for writing is beyond words. I wish more people could read your poems.
whisper queen chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
A beautiful talent you have
RequiemStargazer chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
This piece hits so close to home that I am honestly speechless. I love your prose. I love the grit you add to the piece, because fixing anything (anyone) means peeling away the dirt and the grime, until you find what's left of the original object or person. And sometimes, there is nothing left to salvage at all.
You conveyed all of that beautifully, and I'll just stop gushing now. lol
Guest chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
That was an AMAZING poem! :)