Reviews for The Lone Wolf
Felrain chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
I love wolves, and this fits their nature so perfectly.
Mistakes-and-Memories chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
I felt the cold of the night just as if I was outside watching the lone wolf. This poem is sooo amazing! I loved the imagery and the emotion. I wanted to cry...
Love A Mysterious Thing chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
I glanced at the reviews before I read this and have to say I'm jealous. you're reveiwers are diamonds! Appreciate them! As for the poem it was very, very descriptive. the rhyme was definitely apparent and this did have great flow. i loved the ending of this. It wasn't happy, as most poems are and I loved that. It was refreshing to read. Great write. Keep it up.
AThousandPromises chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
I love the imagery and the vividness. I think that some metaphors would work great in this poem, I expected it as there usually is in poems, but I was disappointed. Maybe when describing the wind in the beginning of the sixth verse, you could add something about how the wind feels, like icy claws or needles, I don't know. You should also pay extra attention to the last lines of the verses, as that's when the syllables sound slightly off. My favourite parts- "A flash of grey fur in the pure white snow." and "His silhouette creeps from side to side, Before he settles down in one spot."
Deranged Dairy Products chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
Some of the images here are well done, such as 'A flash of grey fur in the pure white snow', though I think you could afford to play things a little more subtly. My personal opinion of poetry is that it should contain some literal imagery mixed with a multitude of colourful metaphors and similes and what not, and the reader shouldn't be able to construe everything as clearly as the author can see it in their own mind; some things should be left open to interpretation. Give enough detail to conjure the image, but keep enough to yourself to get the reader thinking.

'And the moon is beautifully bright', for example. What are some other things that as beautiful and bright that the moon could potentially look like? 'And at first it fills you with dread' - what kind of dread? Is it comparable to the drop in your stomach when you approach the peak of a roller-coaster? Perhaps the dread when the rising water is up to your neck?

Don't be afraid of the reader not completely understanding things. Bury your action under vibrant imagery; imagery that still sets the tone and allows us to have a good guess at what the meaning of your words truly is.
RinaJewelz chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
I love this piece because of how vividly you depict the scene, you bring it to life. I think because of the skeleton like metaphor in the first stanza as well as the constant fearful anticipation from the narrator throughout I expected it to end with horror instead of an affinity between the narrator and wolf but it worked. I really liked the last stanza too.
One thing i didnt like though because i felt it spoiled the rhythm of your poem was just the length of some of the lines. It felt like there was too many syllables in some and not enough in others which kind of interrupted the flow of the poem as i was reading. But overall great imagery overcame that in my opinion. Great job.
I think I spotted a mistake by the way, unless it was purposeful. In the first line of the third stanza you wrote 'them' instead of 'then'
Who Is This Girl Anyway chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
I wish I could keep to a structure. :( This flows pretty well, and I like the way that you've portrayed the wolf as something to be pitied rather than feared.

The use of second person was interesting, too. It's nice to see you experimenting a bit with different techniques. I also notice some nice bits of description in this, and I love the line "The wind whips at your skin."

I think there are a few moments where the rhythm breaks a bit because some lines seem a bit too long to fit, but overall I liked this. Good job. :)
XerachiellaFlame chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
Oh my gosh, I was so scared at the beginning, I literally had a chill running through my spine.

This was an amazing poem! The proof is the way my emotions were affected. I was scared, then horribly sad. Well done!

Just one tiny little thing, and that's a little typo. Up on the first line of the fifth stanza, "sihlouette" should be "silhouette". Otherwise, amazing, amazing job!