Reviews for A Single Lawyer
Anihyr Moonstar chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
I love your characters! Even in just under 500 words, you make each of them stand out on the page, and give them enough detail to be memorable. I really feel for both Jamal and Noel, and I like the contrast between the dialectal voice you used for Ryan (which might suggest someone under-educated) and the practical intelligence of his words/advice. It enforces exactly what Noel thought: "talking dumb" but having intelligence under that.

My only wish is that there was more to it. I read the little blip and my mind spins up an entire story for them, but I can't click the next button and find out what happens. XD Ah well. I think you did a great job - very enjoyable read. :)

- Moonstar
S.H. Marr chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
I'd like to think things work out for them, but who knows? They don't seem good for each other, but it's obvious they care for each other, and it's worked for five years...

You did a really good job of showing their relationship in such a short piece, and characterizing Noel, at the very least. We don't know a /whole/ lot about Jamal, but the piece if complete as it is, so I'm not sure where you could put more information about him.