Reviews for Wooden Limbs
Vivechka chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
This is fantastic! I love the imagery used and the personification of of music box doll as an oppressed victim of tyranny. I particularly enjoyed the line "A lullaby snaking through her limbs, laced with a silent threat", it conjures up so many different feelings: beauty, fear, cunning, poise, malice, grace, helplessness. A really beautiful, haunting poem.
BookcraZzaY chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
This is so sad...it has a beautiful discription of the dancer but it's a really heartbreaking story. I actaully feel so bad for that dancer. The words though are so impressive it's like you're watching the dancer dance like that.
fire-elemental chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
The music box being her prison as she dances when the lid is opened, she wishes to be free and see the world to make sure that her assumption of it being cruel is right. This is a lovely poem, sad but true. As the things we love will become tied to a memory of better days till one day we become angry at the things that once brought us happiness.
Roflmao101 chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Beautiful! The detail and the imagery that you get from this piece is amayzing. I think that it's perfect!
Wonder46 chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
Tragically enchanting and strangely lovely. One of the most beautiful things I've ever read.
DarkInkyDreamer chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
You opened this poem well, creating the intrigue that made me want to read on and decipher the poem. Beautiful imagery, a really great piece!

xx